British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   "updated" Expired Passports and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/updated-expired-passports-visas-688408/)

Dandubai Oct 6th 2010 12:31 pm

"updated" Expired Passports and Visas

Do not trust the british Embassy when they ask you for 550 AED for an Emergency travel Document or ETD when your passport is under 6 months expired. if its over then payment is required.

i made the mistake of paying the money then being told that i didnt have to by Heathrow passport control.

Also i recontly posted a thrwead asking what would happen to me if id been in Dubai for 10 months and had no money to pay for my overstay fine.

Here it is. dont go to Bur Dubai Immigration. you need to go towards the Dragon market and head to the Center jail. they will then stamp your passport with an Exit stamp. take you into a little room and have your Eyes photographed. you will then be told never to step foot in the UAE ever again. that is my translation to English. what he told me was Lifetime ban no problem. i say ok, he say goodbye.

i then get on the plane and fly to England

Roadking Oct 6th 2010 3:14 pm

Re: "updated" Expired Passports and Visas

Originally Posted by Dandubai (Post 8899420)
Do not trust the british Embassy when they ask you for 550 AED for an Emergency travel Document or ETD when your passport is under 6 months expired. if its over then payment is required.

i made the mistake of paying the money then being told that i didnt have to by Heathrow passport control.

Also i recontly posted a thrwead asking what would happen to me if id been in Dubai for 10 months and had no money to pay for my overstay fine.

Here it is. dont go to Bur Dubai Immigration. you need to go towards the Dragon market and head to the Center jail. they will then stamp your passport with an Exit stamp. take you into a little room and have your Eyes photographed. you will then be told never to step foot in the UAE ever again. that is my translation to English. what he told me was Lifetime ban no problem. i say ok, he say goodbye.

Oh, OK, thanks for that. Good to know you got out.

Is there another part to the story? Like, dude when you arrive in Engurland and they make you take an englush test like which you totally fail man and getted shipped back to Dubai to like languish in a jail an stuff an then get done senseless by this big like arabic guy till you wos bleeding, ykno and now you his beatch and he done sell you to novver guys an one was really nice to you n like now youz think your in luv?

co durham boy Oct 6th 2010 5:18 pm

I think there's a lesson in that story that you should learn fella...!

Dandubai Oct 6th 2010 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8899818)
Oh, OK, thanks for that. Good to know you got out.

Is there another part to the story? Like, dude when you arrive in Engurland and they make you take an englush test like which you totally fail man and getted shipped back to Dubai to like languish in a jail an stuff an then get done senseless by this big like arabic guy till you wos bleeding, ykno and now you his beatch and he done sell you to novver guys an one was really nice to you n like now youz think your in luv?

I was clearly stating useful information Roadkill. there isnt any need to be a prick about it.

This information is to help people that have overstayed and have an expired passport.

Ive Walked this path and merely thought it would be a good idea to pass on the information to help others. i wasnt aware this was a website for Idiots that enjoy taking the piss out of people that are uneducated in the arts of typing correctly.

Topic is closed. i hope the information i have provided will be pass on to another area of the Forum.

Dan X

busybee2 Oct 6th 2010 6:43 pm

if u are returning to your home country then you can go in with an expired passport, i did many years ago, noboby noticed at check in here in ab dabs, nobody noticed at passport control in heathrow, only did we notice when trying to get back to heathrow from aberdeen.

Dandubai Oct 6th 2010 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8900285)
if u are returning to your home country then you can go in with an expired passport, i did many years ago, noboby noticed at check in here in ab dabs, nobody noticed at passport control in heathrow, only did we notice when trying to get back to heathrow from aberdeen.

was it a problem for a domestic flight? what did you do? surely they have to let you travel home on your current British passport especially if you have a flight booked.

busybee2 Oct 6th 2010 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dandubai (Post 8900299)
was it a problem for a domestic flight? what did you do? surely they have to let you travel home on your current British passport especially if you have a flight booked.

this was a long time ago, no i was flying ad/lhr/aberdeen. so i tried to board in aberdeen and they only noticed once the boarding cards had been issued, once the bags had disappeared and then they noticed...! so no i had an awful time getting a new one, as it had my son on the passport as well, and his birth cert was in ad, and i was in scotland and had to ring up england to get a new one, u had to drive to england to request a new one paying in cash, or get it from ad. then they would classify it as a new passport so then you would need the photo to be signed on back etc, i was in aberdeen not necessarily where i knew people to sign etc, then it would take 7 days for it to be issued. i had to drive to glasgow to try and sort it out, and then i had the problem of re-arranging the flight at the beg on academic year, so a bit of a nitemare. ba did in the end reissue my tickets without any probs, as they were the ones that didnt notice as well at abu dhabi. i thought it was the following year it ran out, so best to check before you fly. if i had noticed in the uk i could have got one done no problem.

co durham boy Oct 7th 2010 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Dandubai (Post 8900260)
I was clearly stating useful information Roadkill. there isnt any need to be a prick about it.

This information is to help people that have overstayed and have an expired passport.

Ive Walked this path and merely thought it would be a good idea to pass on the information to help others. i wasnt aware this was a website for Idiots that enjoy taking the piss out of people that are uneducated in the arts of typing correctly.

Topic is closed. i hope the information i have provided will be pass on to another area of the Forum.

Dan X

I don't think he's being a prick about , he's being ironic to the fact that all of your problems could have been possibly avoided.

Obviously i'm not privy to your personal circumstances but that does seem to be the case.