Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Unlimited Golf for a fortnight?

Unlimited Golf for a fortnight?

Old Jul 17th 2015, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Liverpool_Jak_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unlimited Golf for a fortnight?

Hi Everyone, I'm about to move Baku where I will work for 6 weeks and have 2 weeks off. I want to spend these two weeks in the middle east, preferably Dubai, but open to Doha, Abu Dhabi etc

I would like to practice & play golf most days so ideally I would like unlimited access to a course and practice facilities for a reasonable fee.

So are packages like this available?

If so how much am I looking at spending?

Alternatively, what course offers the cheapest day fee?
Old Jul 17th 2015, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlimited Golf for a fortnight?

Originally Posted by Liverpool_Jak_23
If so how much am I looking at spending?
a fortune
Old Jul 18th 2015, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Al Ain or Abu Dhabi City Golf
Old Jul 18th 2015, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Yas links does a summer unlimited access season pass for the academy course and driving range. Its 2000AED with a 50 minute lesson as well. The academy course is pretty good.

You get tickets for half price admission to the big course

They also do a summer saver passport where they offer discounts the more you play
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You are aware it gets a tad warm outside for a fraction of the year? The fraction's about 9/10.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

mdm26 is an unknown quantity at this point

So you wont be able to get a 2 week pass as such to play unlimited golf. You will have to pay and play...considering there is many a good course in Dubai from my experience then perhaps you could try them all. During the summer now, all rates are 'low' (in comparison to usual rates) so will be looking between 200-400 AED (£30-£70) for a round, inclusive of cart and range use.

As another member said you can pay an amount to have unlimited access to the practice facilities/par 3 course if available but thats normally a months pass at around 1000AED (£170).

(And yes its warm but Im from the cold UK and find the summer heat to play golf in fine)
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 10:09 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You are aware it gets a tad warm outside for a fraction of the year? The fraction's about 9/10.
I have a brilliant idea!! Boxers / Lingerie Nighttime Golf!
Anyone who opens up a golf course like that here in this region with drinks at the end of every hole will be a millionaire I tell ya!
Well to be fair he would have to be a billionaire to start with to open up something like this anyway
Old Jul 26th 2015, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Lots of courses have summer deals for membership over the hot months. Might be able to bargain one of them down from the 3 or 4 month deal to a one month or even couple of weeks. Depends how desperate they are.

Try Meydan.