Reload this Page >

University fees in UAE

University fees in UAE

Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

marmo0ora is an unknown quantity at this point
Question University fees in UAE

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to the UAE at the end of this academic year after finally (HOPEFULLY) graduating from Biomed! I want to apply for med school over there... doesn't really matter which Emirate as I won't commute further than I have been commuting every day for the last 3 years here

My problem is that their tuition fees are quite ridiculous... in comparison to our student-friendly fees in the good old UK... and I wanted to know if anyone knows of any UK-based funding, or loans, or UAE-based funding for us Brits!

Google has been no help... as all I get is help for international students over here... or american students... starting to wish I was a US citizen for the first time in my life!

Any advice will be great! Thanks in advance
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: University fees in UAE

Why on earth would you want to come to med school here? The level of education you receive in the UK is far, far better than anything you will get here.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

well my family is moving n i dont wana b seperated from them by such a huge distance... is the standard very bad?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

there is a Med School up in Al Ain, I can't remember it's name. Do a search on the hospitals in Al Ain and see if anything comes up.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Well I don't know anything about med schools but I have been involved in tertiary education here for the last 3-4 years and my honest opinion is that you should stay in the UK. I can't see your future CV being looked upon favourably back home if you do come. The standards are just too wide apart.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:53 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

What about Cyprus?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
What about Cyprus?
not bad been there on holiday before
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

I did think about somewhere nearby... but Cyprus definately didn't cross my mind... I will look into it. I thought about Qatar...

It looks like I might have to part with my family
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

UmJammerLeilani is an unknown quantity at this point

How many years of studying do you have left? I wouldn't worry about being apart from your family for a while, University goes by so damn quickly! And I'd definitely try to put quality of education above any other considerations.

Hope you manage to find something you're happy with, good luck!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

ummm..there is a pharmacy in al ain , but not sure about the others , there is med school in Ajman , RAK and Dubai , this is as far as i know.

Check Dubai , in the Dubai medical city , i think there is some Based univ. from UK are there.

Qatar is good place but for business , Cyprus is good too.

I will be honest with you and hope you will mind me.

The level of study here is waaaaaaaay too far than anything in UK or Canada or Australia or or or or or or or

It's business here more than in Education.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:45 am
Just Joined

thank you for your advice (someone in al ain)... it seems that's a popular opinion! so I guess I will have to stay put in the UK
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I would if I were you - you can always come to visit your family in the holidays!