Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

unblock VOIP WARNING

unblock VOIP WARNING

Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

patrick30 is on a distinguished road
Default unblock VOIP WARNING

Just a warning to everyone on the site that is considering using this software Witopia which unblocks the internet. My friend down loaded it the other day and tested to see if it works but even though it worked well at first his computer has since crashed and he has lost all of his work.
Dont want to bad mouth any company on this board but i am just passing on what i have seen from my own eyes
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: unblock VOIP WARNING

Originally Posted by patrick30
Just a warning to everyone on the site that is considering using this software Witopia which unblocks the internet. My friend down loaded it the other day and tested to see if it works but even though it worked well at first his computer has since crashed and he has lost all of his work.
Dont want to bad mouth any company on this board but i am just passing on what i have seen from my own eyes
oh i was going to subscribe cos i'd heard it was really good...could it just be his system...??

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:08 am

Boydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh i was going to subscribe cos i'd heard it was really good...could it just be his system...??

MM, xx
Works fine for me and has done since I arrived - and several other people I know.

Will bear it in mind though and consider myself foolish if it goes belly up on me.

Has your friends contacted the company? I received good support and quick repsonses when I had some set-up issues.

Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Must be his PC. It works fine.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
It works fine.
well that's what i'd heard, inselaffen, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well that's what i'd heard, inselaffen, lol...

MM, xx
Which cad told you that lol
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:16 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

My friend down loaded it the other day and tested to see if it works but even though it worked well at first his computer has since crashed and he has lost all of his work
His hard drive obviously died. That's what all hard drives do eventually, some much sooner than others. It will be nothing whatsoever to do with the PersonalVPN software - it's just coincidence that it happened shortly after he installed it. His HD would have died regardless. And if his work was so important, why wasn't he making regular backups?

For the record, there is nothing at all risky about installing Witopia's software. There's a *lot* of risk in not bothering to make regular backups of your hard drive (which all computer manufacturers, plus Microsoft and Apple, urge all users to do), because you can guarantee that if you don't, it will die at the most inopportune moment. If you have a backup, you can be up and running again, with no data lost, within minutes.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Which cad told you that lol
dunno...a beefcake i seem to remember, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:05 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is running absolutely fine as well had it for a few months now
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Ours is running absolutely fine as well had it for a few months now
right, i am gonna get it this weekend. Hey, how's you FD, btw...

MM, xx