Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Unaccompanied Baggage / Cargo from UAE

Unaccompanied Baggage / Cargo from UAE

Old Mar 20th 2013, 6:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unaccompanied Baggage / Cargo from UAE

Info correct as of March 2013. Charges are to Casablanca (which is an 8 or 9 hour flight), so maybe less to Europe.

Etihad stopped doing unaccompanied baggage a couple of years ago, and from the info on Emirates website (and associated websites) they don't do it now, either.

From AUH
Go to the cargo area near T2. Take a left on the first roundabout, wend your way to the back left side of the cargo area, and the first main building you see on your left is where you need to be (big, cream-coloured building, with an old, faded Etihad sign on the far right corner). Go to the Export door.

Fill in form and pay. You'll need a copy of ID (passport or Emirates ID).

Charges: AED773 for up to 45kg. For each additional kg, AED11.80.

You need to take your baggage at least 24 hours before your flight to ensure that it goes on the same flight.

The office is open 24/7, contact number 02 505 4586.

From DXB

This from Emirates Cargo, which is some 3x the price of sending from AUH, but there may be other options from DXB.

Location: Dubai Cargo Village, Emirates Sky Cargo Building, Ground Floor. They're open 24/7, contact number 04 218 4218. They told me it was best to go after 2pm to avoid their busy time.

Charges: About AED2,100 for up to 45kg. For each additional kg, AED17.20.

They'll accept baggage no later than 12 hours before your flight, but recommend that you get it to them in sufficient time that it gets loaded on the flight before yours so that its waiting for you when you arrive at your destination.

Caveat: I didn't use either service, the above is the information I received over the phone. However, both guys I spoke to were helpful and were confident in what they said.