Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK visas at VFS Global

UK visas at VFS Global

Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:23 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK visas at VFS Global

Anyone had any experience of applying for a UK visa with VFS Global in Saudi Arabia . Processing time , things like that . The process seems a bit confusing but it seems that you apply online and then have to attend an interview with the agency in Riyadh . Is this right ? We have all the relevant documents so I'm not anticipating any problems but .........
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default Re: UK visas at VFS Global

The UK border Agency only accepts online applications now. The online system is pretty good and once complete you book an appointment (online) to go hand in supporting documents. VFS will then submit everything to the British Embassy. You need to check online after a few days (Process 2-10 days) to confirm the passport is ready to collect (with the visa inside).
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

If your spouse is non-British and wants a long term visa, she may have to take an English language course before a visa is granted.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:26 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
If your spouse is non-British and wants a long term visa, she may have to take an English language course before a visa is granted.
We're only going for two months in the summer holidays so she's going to be applying for a six month family visit visa so no problems there . thnx for the replies .
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

My wife has just applied for hers, for travel in August. She went for the interview and was told that she cannot apply more than 3 months before the date of travel.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:42 am

Someone else said that to me which is a bit of a pain because it means that you can't get the tickets earlier when they are cheaper. I wouldn't want to buy tickets before getting the visa in case there was a problem.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

My thoughts exactly!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Someone else said that to me which is a bit of a pain because it means that you can't get the tickets earlier when they are cheaper. I wouldn't want to buy tickets before getting the visa in case there was a problem.
The best way around it is to apply for a 10 year visitors visa then you can 'book early !'