British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   UK to UAE Post (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/uk-uae-post-795400/)

abudhabinewbie Apr 28th 2013 1:47 pm

UK to UAE Post

Hi

My new employers require my original degree certificate even though i have given them the attested and authenticated version which i had completed prior to moving here.

I want to get this sent from my home straight away. Does anyone know the quickest way to send a letter from the UK to Abu Dhabi?

Thanks
Vik

britexpat76 Apr 28th 2013 2:13 pm

Re: UK to UAE Post

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie (Post 10682097)
Hi

My new employers require my original degree certificate even though i have given them the attested and authenticated version which i had completed prior to moving here.

I want to get this sent from my home straight away. Does anyone know the quickest way to send a letter from the UK to Abu Dhabi?

Thanks
Vik

DHL etc can get them there from 24 hours depending on what you want to pay.

busybee2 Apr 28th 2013 3:10 pm

dhl would be my first choice, from uae to uk depending on the plane times of course it can take a couple of days, but you can pay more for 1 day service (ish)

TopNik Apr 29th 2013 10:16 am

Yes I would recommend DHL too!

soukie Apr 29th 2013 11:20 am

I use FEDEX but have also used DHL without any problems.

winter Apr 29th 2013 1:14 pm

I have used both FedEx and DHL recently, FedEx would not deliver the package if i could not provide ID, whereas DHL gave the package to the security guard at my building, the package that DHL was delivering was my new passport, that caused me some concern

MrBAH Apr 30th 2013 1:53 pm

My degree was completed a long time ago - and Ive long since lost the certificates. How does one overcome this??

Millhouse Apr 30th 2013 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by MrBAH (Post 10685253)
My degree was completed a long time ago - and Ive long since lost the certificates. How does one overcome this??

You ask the university for duplicates. My wife lost hers in the pub the day she got it - was a real hassle.

MrBAH Apr 30th 2013 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10685283)
You ask the university for duplicates. My wife lost hers in the pub the day she got it - was a real hassle.

Cool will do, cheers.

Ps: off topic but any thoughts on Victory Heights?

Meow May 1st 2013 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10685283)

Kudos to your wife as that must have been a real celebration! :lol:

Millhouse May 1st 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10686556)
Kudos to your wife as that must have been a real celebration! :lol:

Probably - also shows her general apathy to the value placed on a degree from Leeds :rofl:

Meow May 1st 2013 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10686572)
Probably - also shows her general apathy to the value placed on a degree from Leeds :rofl:

Media Studies? ;)