British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Uk Settleman Visa from Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/uk-settleman-visa-doha-686503/)

SofiulAlam Sep 22nd 2010 1:40 pm

Uk Settleman Visa from Doha

Hi

Does any one can tell me how to apply for Settleman visa for UK? I am British by Birth. Can I stay in Doha for next three Years and apply for Settleman Visa for my family?

Regards,

Sof

Brains1983 Sep 22nd 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Uk Settleman Visa from Doha

"Brtisitish" ? Presumably born in Wales then?

SofiulAlam Sep 22nd 2010 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 8868050)
"Brtisitish" ? Presumably born in Wales then?

Hi,

I was born in Kent.

TGFKASE Sep 22nd 2010 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by SofiulAlam (Post 8867979)
Hi

Does any one can tell me how to apply for Settleman visa for UK? I am British by Birth. Can I stay in Doha for next three Years and apply for Settleman Visa for my family?

Regards,

Sof

What is it tonight about banjo players...

Settleman??? What the **** is that? You wouldnt pass the immigrant test, for **** sakes..

Stay the **** where you are and do not pollute the gene pool any futher...

Johnnyboy11 Sep 24th 2010 5:06 am

Hi, my recent experience is that you need to get a Qatari National (usually your employer) to Sponsor you and organise a Residency Permit. Then you can Sponsor your family. The process requires a medical check and fingerprinting. Takes about 3 months from arrival. You need a Visa to get into the Country in the first instance, again organised by your Sponsor.

You can stay in the country as long as your Sponsor allows, but they can cancel at will then you have to leave (with family). The Sponsor issues you with an Exit Permit any time you want to leave, even for a holiday, else you are stuck in the Country.

There is also a 'No Objection Certificate' which you require from your Sponsor (Employer) if you want to change jobs, otherwise you're out the country and gan't get back in to work for 2 years.

If you want a Bank Account, Personal Loan, Credit Card, Liquor Licence etc., guess who's permission you need? Yup - you guessed it, your Sponsor.

You can't ever get citizenship, once you finish working you have to leave. Buying property is also heavily restricted - only possible in a few very expersive new developments.

Fantastic place to live and work though.

Hope this helps. :)

Brains1983 Sep 24th 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11 (Post 8872081)
Hope this helps. :)

I'm going to guess no, think the OP is referring to residing in the UK. I'd refer him to TGFKASE's post.

Johnnyboy11 Sep 24th 2010 10:46 am

Was my first post - so I'm allowed to make an arse of myself :)

I'll leave it be - it might help someone planning to move to Doha.

SofiulAlam Sep 25th 2010 8:29 am

Thank you for your comments. I have got contract job in Doha for next three years. Visa application centre told me that I can only apply settlement visa to UK, if I quit my job from here. I have been living in uk since 1988.I can go for visit visa and can take my family but I cannot apply Settlement visa unless I intent to live in UK at this moment. Any advice?

weasel central Sep 25th 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by SofiulAlam (Post 8874486)
Thank you for your comments. I have got contract job in Doha for next three years. Visa application centre told me that I can only apply settlement visa to UK, if I quit my job from here. I have been living in uk since 1988.I can go for visit visa and can take my family but I cannot apply Settlement visa unless I intent to live in UK at this moment. Any advice?

This is some kind of strange logic to me, you want a visa to live in the UK however you want to work in Doha??

either live there and get the visa or work in doha and dont get it. you cant have it both ways.