Reload this Page >

UK to Riyadh, 90k SAR Month, Family of 5

UK to Riyadh, 90k SAR Month, Family of 5

Old Feb 9th 2024, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

KiFromUk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to Riyadh, 90k SAR Month, Family of 5

Originally Posted by UKMS
Speaking from Dubai but many of these may well apply to KSA.

security deposits on accommodation and utilities

potential agents fees

Potential deposit if you lease a vehicle.

setting up your home whether or not furnished will still cost you.

moving costs in excess of any allowance from your employer

If applicable any residual UK tax liabilities.(seek advice)

plus things ive probably overlooked.
Thanks UKMS for the details. But I guess one (for instance with the above example where there could be around 350-400k savings per year) still can manage to save a little bit even in the first year.
Obviously depends on the package/circumstances, and it is better to be on the save side anyway and manage expectations and avoid any disappointment.
Old Feb 9th 2024, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiFromUk
Thanks UKMS for the details. But I guess one (for instance with the above example where there could be around 350-400k savings per year) still can manage to save a little bit even in the first year.
Obviously depends on the package/circumstances, and it is better to be on the save side anyway and manage expectations and avoid any disappointment.
I think you’ll still be able to save a very good chunk but 350-400k is possibly ambitious even after year 1. However your spreadsheet looks you will definitely spend more (I can vouch for that )
Old Feb 9th 2024, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

KiFromUk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKMS
I think you’ll still be able to save a very good chunk but 350-400k is possibly ambitious even after year 1. However your spreadsheet looks you will definitely spend more (I can vouch for that )
Yeah, careful planning and managing expectations is key here. Thanks UKSM
Old Apr 30th 2024, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

ot734 is an unknown quantity at this point

bosab7779 Did you manage to get an iqama for your MIL? If yes, can you share details on the process + any recommendation for agancies/lawyers to help. I also got an offer to move to Riyadh, and bringing my MIL (who is a war refugee from Ukraine) with us is a must for me to accept.
Old May 5th 2024, 11:02 am
Just Joined

AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point

OP, can I ask what field of biotech you are working in? Does KSA have much of a pharma manufacturing industry, as I couldn't find many jobs being offered in that industry.