Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK raises terror threat in UAE to maximum

UK raises terror threat in UAE to maximum

Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK raises terror threat in UAE to maximum

old but gold

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross".

Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz began in 1940 and tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance". The last time the British issued "A Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide". The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

It is not only the English and French who are on a heightened level of alert. Italy has increased the alert its level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing". Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides".

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs". They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose".

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish Navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
ah excuse me BB i live directly opposite the embassy and can see into the grounds and earlier today when i posted the whole embassy as i said was swarming with police and army, unless it was my imaginatiion
Originally Posted by busybee2
well i have been speaking to a couple of more embassy ladies today at school, and they dont know of any 'swat' team in the compound, so if something was going down, it wasnt at any time when my friends were in there
tut tut, annacarna...you really must control that vivid imagination of yours, doll...

MM, xx
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

right will i was getting my intel from people living in the compound
whatever BB you seem to be in the know in AD
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
tut tut, annacarna...you really must control that vivid imagination of yours, doll...

MM, xx
Seems so doll !

Ah tis the drink talking,
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

As stated in the other thread, the reason why this warning was issued will become evident over the next week.

There is nothing to worry about at all.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep apparently nothing to worry about no new warden messages have come out yet, and the people in the embassy that i have spoken to say its just routine, it goes up and down all the time, this time is really no different (well thats what i am being told anyhows).
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Seems so doll !

Ah tis the drink talking,
hahahaha...or maybe you just need to get your specs fixed...

MM, xx
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

well...just got back from Spinneys where the alarm went off and some voice no one could hear kept on repeating a message both in Arabic and English (I think)...and everyone just kept on shopping completely ignoring the noise, flashlights and voice...super
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hahahaha...or maybe you just need to get your specs fixed...

MM, xx
ha ha

That's why I keep on seeing little green people and I don't mean aliens!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

well i have been speaking to a couple of more embassy ladies today at school, and they dont know of any 'swat' team in the compound, so if something was going down, it wasnt at any time when my friends were in there

Unlikely they would discuss security measures at playtime-confidentiality? official secrets?
For by, if they told you,they surely would have to kill you
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Unlikely they would discuss security measures at playtime-confidentiality? official secrets?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
Would have thought so to.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

I didn't say there was a swat team in the compound. Did I?

I said i could see into the compound from my window, I didn't say they were inside! I said I passed by the embassy and it was swarming with police and army

Sorry to be pedantic but.....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't say there was a swat team in the compound. Did I?

I said i could see into the compound from my window, I didn't say they were inside! I said I passed by the embassy and it was swarming with police and army

Sorry to be pedantic but.....
face it, anna, not only did busybody not believe you, she even double checked with contacts...admit it, you were hallucinating...

MM, xx
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

face it, anna, not only did busybody not believe you, she even double checked with contacts...admit it, you were hallucinating...

MM, xx
Ok ok i am a craic head what can i say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.