Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Passports Made in Germany

UK Passports Made in Germany

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:59 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough
Default UK Passports Made in Germany

My passport expires in June....went onto the Doha Brit Embassy website. Looks as if I can get this renewed in Doha up to 16th May only. After that, all passports have to be sent to Dusseldorf. Now that really makes sense!
I cant believe its cheaper to have a passport office in Germany. Looking at other embassy websites in the Gulf....looks like the good old days of local renewal is gone this year for all. I cant understand the Dusseldorf connection?
If you have to send the passports to Europe, then why are the UK government not supporting UK employment I wonder? UKPA or a London address would have been more appropriate....it looks like another case of madness. I cant ever see the Germans having to send their passports to Cardiff or the French to Birmingham etc etc It makes us the laughing stock of Europe. Sounds like an HP sauce (now made in Netherlands) to me.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:43 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passports Made in Germany

Originally Posted by smilingcamel
My passport expires in June....went onto the Doha Brit Embassy website. Looks as if I can get this renewed in Doha up to 16th May only. After that, all passports have to be sent to Dusseldorf. Now that really makes sense!
I cant believe its cheaper to have a passport office in Germany. Looking at other embassy websites in the Gulf....looks like the good old days of local renewal is gone this year for all. I cant understand the Dusseldorf connection?
If you have to send the passports to Europe, then why are the UK government not supporting UK employment I wonder? UKPA or a London address would have been more appropriate....it looks like another case of madness. I cant ever see the Germans having to send their passports to Cardiff or the French to Birmingham etc etc It makes us the laughing stock of Europe. Sounds like an HP sauce (now made in Netherlands) to me.
…'Tis odd...but been mentioned before on BE...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660414

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659982
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passports Made in Germany

Originally Posted by smilingcamel
its for security reasons too. but they charge you an arm and a leg more for renewal than if you do it in the uk, and then now on top you have to be charged the foot as well as you have to pay for secure couriers and they will still take the 10 days turnaround for the passport renewal, but it could take up to 4 weeks because of the posting....