Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
yes, technically you have to have your passport (with the residence visa) on you when you leave the UAE on egate. I know many who don't.

I have two passports but have never taken the risk of not carrying my residence visa holding passport for this very reason.

One of our guys earlier this year left for a trip to Bahrain on his eGate card & second passport (the one without the residence visa). On the way back in, the eGate wasn't working and he was turned back, despite the immigration being aware that he had a residence visa.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Help! My wife's new passport has been returned, but they didn't include the old one (which has her residence visa in it). There's absolutely no contact information so we have no idea how to get this fixed and she has to leave the country in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any idea of what we can do?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by csdf
Help! My wife's new passport has been returned, but they didn't include the old one (which has her residence visa in it). There's absolutely no contact information so we have no idea how to get this fixed and she has to leave the country in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any idea of what we can do?
Beat me to it, I have exactly the same problem and our Gov Affairs department have said that she will not be allowed to leave Saudi. Have been trying to contact the British Embassy but the buggers let the phone ring and never answer.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

usually the old passport comes back from germany but can be up to a week later.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Beat me to it, I have exactly the same problem and our Gov Affairs department have said that she will not be allowed to leave Saudi. Have been trying to contact the British Embassy but the buggers let the phone ring and never answer.
they will have a long weekend because of the diamond jubliee i suspect. the new passport is printed in the uk, and so its sent from there, and the old one comes back from germany but everyone i know has done this the old one appears a few days later.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it does state this on the website and the notes if you looked.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Busybee2,

Thanks for that, had seen that it said that they would return supporting documentation, had not put the old passport in that category.

Will wait and see!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Busybee2,

Thanks for that, had seen that it said that they would return supporting documentation, had not put the old passport in that category.

Will wait and see!
doh of course if you sent your old passport there and any supportting documentation ie if its a new one or change of name etc.... otherwise it would be sent to uk and then back to uae, either way it makes a journey on its own.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

When sending an Old Passport which contains a Residency Visa, put a 'Big Message' on it (In Red) stating that it should be returned at the same time that the New Passport is issued!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackthehat
When sending an Old Passport which contains a Residency Visa, put a 'Big Message' on it (In Red) stating that it should be returned at the same time that the New Passport is issued!
Good advice, just a little late for me
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:32 am
Just Joined

dxb97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shandolier
Passport is rapidly runningout of pages, I have heard that the normal process is to take it to the Embassy here but then it gets sent to Germany for processing but that can take 3 months, which I can't afford.

Is there a way I can pay for a fast tracked service? Or can I do it when I am in the UK for 10 days in August? I can easily get to London... When I got my current passport in the UK in 2008 it took a day - but I was a UK resident then...

Any advice?
Shandolier,
My advice is to wait until you are in the UK. Prior to travelling back, contact the IPS (0300 222 0000) and book an appointment for a one day fast track service. They will then send you through an application form in the post to a UK address. Fill out the form, grab a couple of pic's and take yourself off to a local passport office (I used Peterborough). You will have a face to face chat with one of the customer service staff, then pay the money and all you then have to do is find something to do for 4 hours while you wait for the passport to be processed. Easy process, just completed mine last week in the UK and very satisfied.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Still no sign of the original passport...been over seven weeks now since the process started.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

I sent mine off on 16th May and still waiting... a couple of mates did it at the start of May and had theirs back in 2 weeks. Pah.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pleased to say 8 days after the new passport arrived the original was delivered by DHL yesterday.

Very inefficient and expensive system!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

If you have a new passport but no old one, you can go to immigration and they will put you a new residence permit in the new one for a fee. It cost some money, not sure how much but you can then leave the country. Happened with youngest Spartan last year and Mrs Spartans sorted it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.