Uk passport query

Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uk passport query

A friend of mine is coming over from the UK next Wednesday..her son booked her ticket, but he booked it in her married name, and she is now divorced. Emirates won't let her fly because her passport is in a different name now. Can she get an emergency passport issued and is there an easy way to do it! Or any other solution.
Thanks xxx
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport query

She can't change the ticket name so she wants to change her passport name?! Bit drastic.... Any how, passports can be issued on a premium service but you have to get an appointment, go to passport office, pay a premium etc and I'm still not sure it'd be quick enough. I'm even less sure it's legal to pretend you're married on a government issued legal document when you're not. Here's the link anyway but I think she'll have to bite the bullett and pay again or not go at all...

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
She can't change the ticket name so she wants to change her passport name?! Bit drastic.... Any how, passports can be issued on a premium service but you have to get an appointment, go to passport office, pay a premium etc and I'm still not sure it'd be quick enough. I'm even less sure it's legal to pretend you're married on a government issued legal document when you're not. Here's the link anyway but I think she'll have to bite the bullett and pay again or not go at all...

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
Errrr... she isn't pretending that she is married..her son thought that she still had her passport in her married name... she had changed it back to her Maiden name after the divorce..but thanks for your help.
Maybe somebody has a contact at Emirates that we can talk to and explain the situation and get the ticket changed to her proper name.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
A friend of mine is coming over from the UK next Wednesday..her son booked her ticket, but he booked it in her married name, and she is now divorced. Emirates won't let her fly because her passport is in a different name now. Can she get an emergency passport issued and is there an easy way to do it! Or any other solution.
Thanks xxx
i doubt they will issue an emergency passport for that reason... it has to be a real emergency and even when peoples passports have run out they will not give you an EM passport. i suspect she will have to go to a passport office and get a new passport and change the flight etc.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Or just book a new flight in the same name as her passport....budget allowing, obviously...

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; Sep 11th 2013 at 5:40 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

They won't issue a ETD in the 'wrong' name because that's what her flight was booked under. Best to contact Emirates and pay whatever extra fee they would want to change the name on the ticket.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Passport and divorce decree should do the trick. Marriage license does the trick on the other foot when you get married and don't change the name on the passport, so might be worth a punt?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Only two options I can think of, but I think both have been covered
1 - change the name on the flight ticket, if the ticket allows. Some are non-refundable / non - transferable. Depends on the ticket 'band'. Usually, the cheapest ticket types will not allow any changes once issued.
2 - Buy a new ticket in her new name
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you everybody..I think she is going to buy a new ticket :-) xx