Reload this Page >

Uk MRI Radiographer moving to QATAR

Uk MRI Radiographer moving to QATAR

Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

RADCAMPER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk MRI Radiographer moving to QATAR

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum, im a radiographer in the uk with more than 17 years of experience. Im planning to move in Qatar for a change but obviously still wanted to match how much im earning in the UK or maybe more than what im earning at the moment to pay off my bills in the uk mortgage etc. In addition to that im a family man with a 9 y/o son and do a lot of after school club and sports(football, basketball).

Im a bit worried of moving in qatar at the same time with my family just incase it wont work out. Do you think its a good idea to just have a trial first for myself and if everything gets ok then family follow after?

I would appreciate if someone can answer my list of questions please

1.Is there a lot of after school club for kids in qatar?
2.How's school ratings & fees? Are they subsidized by employer? Or Government?
3.Recreation for kids?
4.Is it normally free accomodation?
5.What is my salary expectation as a senior Radiographer with my experience, as a British citizen with asian origin & Christian religion?
6.To apply in Qatar as a medical field, is it really recommended to apply through an agency or directly to prospect employer's?And if recruited through agency do i need to pay any fees with the agency? Or employer normally pay the fees with the agency?
7.About working abroad what should i do with HMRC here in the uk do i need to declare with hmrc about me working abroad? etc.(ie taxes, loans, NHS pension etc. )

Thank you so much in advance guys! i hope someone can help me or enlighten me with this querries & i promise to feed information about the subject if everything materialises.... 🙏

Last edited by RADCAMPER; Nov 28th 2017 at 2:51 pm. Reason: Clerical
Old Nov 28th 2017, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Dictator1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk MRI Radiographer moving to QATAR

As a relatively new expat in Qatar my advice would be not to bring your family along initially. Lifestyle etc is mainly driven by your salary. Qatar is shyte, don't compromise on salary and never move on same salary as UK's, you must get 30-50% rise to justify your move.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 7:20 am
Just Joined

RADCAMPER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dictator1
As a relatively new expat in Qatar my advice would be not to bring your family along initially. Lifestyle etc is mainly driven by your salary. Qatar is shyte, don't compromise on salary and never move on same salary as UK's, you must get 30-50% rise to justify your move.

Thanks for your reply dictator1
Old Dec 5th 2017, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RADCAMPER
Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum, im a radiographer in the uk with more than 17 years of experience. Im planning to move in Qatar for a change but obviously still wanted to match how much im earning in the UK or maybe more than what im earning at the moment to pay off my bills in the uk mortgage etc. In addition to that im a family man with a 9 y/o son and do a lot of after school club and sports(football, basketball).

Im a bit worried of moving in qatar at the same time with my family just incase it wont work out. Do you think its a good idea to just have a trial first for myself and if everything gets ok then family follow after?

I would appreciate if someone can answer my list of questions please

1.Is there a lot of after school club for kids in qatar?
2.How's school ratings & fees? Are they subsidized by employer? Or Government?
3.Recreation for kids?
4.Is it normally free accomodation?
5.What is my salary expectation as a senior Radiographer with my experience, as a British citizen with asian origin & Christian religion?
6.To apply in Qatar as a medical field, is it really recommended to apply through an agency or directly to prospect employer's?And if recruited through agency do i need to pay any fees with the agency? Or employer normally pay the fees with the agency?
7.About working abroad what should i do with HMRC here in the uk do i need to declare with hmrc about me working abroad? etc.(ie taxes, loans, NHS pension etc. )

Thank you so much in advance guys! i hope someone can help me or enlighten me with this querries & i promise to feed information about the subject if everything materialises.... 🙏

Are you going to Sidra?
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Are you going to Sidra?
is that awesome Italian restaurant still in Muswell Hill?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
is that awesome Italian restaurant still in Muswell Hill?
It is! La Porchetta-Best pizza in north London.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
It is! La Porchetta-Best pizza in north London.
yep that's the one! Had a few awesome pizzas and pastas in that place