Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Ltd doing business with firms in Dubai

UK Ltd doing business with firms in Dubai

Old Jan 7th 2014, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Ltd doing business with firms in Dubai

Hello there,

This may seem like a bit of a daft question, but I will ask it anyway. Is it possible for a UK Ltd company to have clients (corporate or private) who are based in Dubai? I am thinking along the lines of the EU where you have cross border services which means you can do business with other EU members.

I wondered if there was anything similar in place in the UAE.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice
Default Re: UK Ltd doing business with firms in Dubai

Unless you sell something unusual such as some military stuff, why wouldn't you be allowed to have clients in Dubai? I assume that the goods/services will not be provided from the UAE.

The free movement of people, goods, services etc within the EU has more to do, for example, if you come to another EU country to do the business there, such as a UK plumber (or whatever) going to France, Ireland etc and do the work there and also generally being able to provide goods within the EU without any duty for the goods to cross borders. There are more freedoms within the EU, but just to give you some examples.

Last edited by Myusernamewastaken; Jan 8th 2014 at 2:30 am.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Hello there,

This may seem like a bit of a daft question, but I will ask it anyway. Is it possible for a UK Ltd company to have clients (corporate or private) who are based in Dubai? I am thinking along the lines of the EU where you have cross border services which means you can do business with other EU members.

I wondered if there was anything similar in place in the UAE.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks
Yep.

I was sat in the UK and invoiced companies in countries around the world (including UAE) for services rendered.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys. The business is an internet one providing services...so no goods in and out.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

the embassy in Abu Dhabi has a section devoted to helping UK companies trade with the UAE, might be worth contacting them