Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK graduate with NO EXPERIENCE looking to become EXPACT in Saudi or any major company

UK graduate with NO EXPERIENCE looking to become EXPACT in Saudi or any major company

Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:39 am
Just Joined

erfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Post UK graduate with NO EXPERIENCE looking to become EXPACT in Saudi or any major company

Hi
My Name is Erfan, and will soon be coming to the end of a Honors degree (Beng)
in Mechanical Engineering with Management from the University of Manchester. I believe the degree is solid and should provide me with good means of obtaining a starting job. I am currently on a first class, and hopefully will maintain this at the end of the degree. My question relates to seeking out Management orientated (Project Management) roles within the engineering field. It is ofcourse logical this would be a trainee or intern conditions job as would be expected with a fresh graduate. In essence i am asking where and how would a seek the attention of saudi based companies and attaining such a job, and do they really recognize fresh graduates for potential roles within their organization???

Last edited by erfan; Jun 1st 2009 at 12:45 am.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK graduate with NO EXPERIENCE looking to become EXPACT in Saudi or any major com

i think that you may struggle because companies have lowered salaries and so can get very experienced engineers for less money than last year.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK graduate with NO EXPERIENCE looking to become EXPACT in Saudi or any major com

Originally Posted by busybee2
i think that you may struggle because companies have lowered salaries and so can get very experienced engineers for less money than last year.
absolute bullshit..

OP, let me PM you with details of my companies next Generation scheme for graduate engineers..Its a great scheme which has spawned many current PM's worldwide. They have positions in Dubai i think.

Pleeeze BB2, stick to what you know and that is rumouring construction redundancies.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

dont need to rumour, its happening.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:00 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Where does your interest lie? Construction, oil, defence, automotive, not fussed? What are you doing your final project/thesis on?

All little bits of info that may help...
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:57 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

commander is probably in the business and knows better but I would think that getting a job wth a 'major' company could be a bit difficult (at least oil and gas) - as they have plenty of their own 'no experience' guys. so getting a job back home (Shell / BP etc.) is also an option since with them you'd be able to travel around a lot. coming directly here ... again perhaps some of the UK consultancies with local presence could be the best bet. if you ask me ... oil and gas ... as a mechanical engineer you should be fine.

... or you can 'upgrade' your CV with 4-5 years of experience as many do (indeed not from UK but hey live and learn).
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:28 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

There is plenty of fresh graduate jobs in Saudi but none in Oil n Gas as they prefer to employ Saudi Nationals. Same thing in UAE.
But there is alot of opportunities in private companies. DODSAL, Ceglec, Technip and so many more...
AVOID CCC its shit
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

erfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for the prompt replies, firstly although i am due to graduate in a mechanical engineering degree with management, i do not want to persue the technical aspects of the degree. I would like to make an impression of technical knowhow to the employer regardless of the job type.

I would deeply appreciate if commander can pm would forward me details about the graduate scheme, my email is [email protected]

From what i gather about wot has been said, it seems the way to go is to find a UK based company which is also in international markets and persue a 'career through progression' right??