Reload this Page >

UK Driving licence to Saudi DL

UK Driving licence to Saudi DL

Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Driving licence to Saudi DL

Hello!

it would be really great help if someone can guide me how to obtain a Saudi Driving licence? I do have valid UK driving Licence and UK driving licences can be converted without having to take a test ?

I'm in riyadh and how long it will take.. in order to get the Saudi DL?

Sorry I know I should ask this from Saudi DVLA or something.. but they dont seem to have website where I can get this info.. and I'm sure someof you already in riyadh have obtain a DL and with help of your experience I think i can get DL...
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Re: UK Driving licence to Saudi DL

I'm sure you'll get a better answer than this shortly but as far as I'm aware the UK drivers licence is valid for a certain amount of time (not sure how long though). I've heard you still may have to do a quick test and give a blood test (!) as they put your blood group on the licence. Nice to know that the quality of driving here means the first thing they need to know is your blood group for a transfusion!

But, I could be wrong. I have chosen not to drive out here as eventually someone will crash into me.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:01 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

You need your iquama first. Your company should help you with the process, your UK license will exempt you from the full test and mandatory lessons.

If you already have your iquama, it will take a morning.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:08 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by khitan004
But, I could be wrong. I have chosen not to drive out here as eventually someone will crash into me.
Sometimes I wish I'd made that decision. My second day in KSA some crazy bastard hit us head-on as we were stationary waiting for a car in front to park.

F&%king wacky races on the roads here, touch wood, I haven't been hit yet, but I come close to getting wiped out every single day.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthestig
You need your iquama first. Your company should help you with the process, your UK license will exempt you from the full test and mandatory lessons.

If you already have your iquama, it will take a morning.

Hello.. thx for the reply.

I'm at the Saudi Driving License agency and everything is done ..ie green file with application stamped by the Traffic Manager .. and 18 people ahead of me and computer system is down ... not sure when it will be up & running again....once network back o line it will take about 1 hour or so to get my dl ..yey yey.. lolz
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mcmonkiez
Hello.. thx for the reply.

I'm at the Saudi Driving License agency and everything is done ..ie green file with application stamped by the Traffic Manager .. and 18 people ahead of me and computer system is down ... not sure when it will be up & running again....once network back o line it will take about 1 hour or so to get my dl ..yey yey.. lolz

Have got my Saudi dl now .. its was a really quick process apart from language problem.....

Thanks