Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK driving licence after moving out

UK driving licence after moving out

Old Oct 13th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: UK driving licence after moving out

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
?? I still don't get the drama... I have a car in the uk, which is insured etc so if I drive I am covered. If I hire a car abroad using my uk license usually you are insured via the hire company. Seriously, what is so difficult?
I guess if you read the T's and C's of your UK insurance policy, it will state that you must be ordinarily resident in the UK. If you're not, then your policy is likely not valid.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mogs
I guess if you read the T's and C's of your UK insurance policy, it will state that you must be ordinarily resident in the UK. If you're not, then your policy is likely not valid.
I fly back and forth, I have a uk bank account and a uk address, no problem.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
I fly back and forth, I have a uk bank account and a uk address, no problem.
if you have a uk bank account or a uk address that does not mean you are resident. if you have a resident visa from this country where are you resident???! you are not resident once you leave, you are not ordinarly resident i believe after 7 years so .....
Old Oct 13th 2013, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Jolly01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bodieanddoyle, there's no drama, it's a discussion. I get your point and maybe you're right. But, theoretically, if you don't have a valid driving licence for any reason you don't have the right to drive. As I said, I will have to call DVLA to be sure. And you- have a good day