Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE Visit visa for non-EU national

UAE Visit visa for non-EU national

Old May 4th 2008, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE Visit visa for non-EU national

Originally Posted by lillee
Sorry to jump in on this thread but i don't know how to post a new one as i am new to this site. I have a concern and would really appreciate some suuport. I have been invited over to Dubai by a friend (male) Who is working there. He has suggested i stay with him at his apartment but while looking on the internet for travel information and guildlines, i came across khawla (maybe spelt wrong). This means it is illegal for a women and man to stay together. What can i do? I am a EU national and his friend but exactly how could it work? Please could someone help me because i am due to go soon and if staying with him is a serious offence i would really like to know. Thanks
as long as you are from one of the older EU nations states it won't be a problem. You'll just get your visa at the airport. Staying in his apartment in Dubai won't be a problem.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

lillee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
as long as you are from one of the older EU nations states it won't be a problem. You'll just get your visa at the airport. Staying in his apartment in Dubai won't be a problem.
thanks for your reply. What do you mea by older EU country? I am from UK. Also, you say it is ok to stay with him, so if the authorities discovered i was a single women staying with a sigle man they wouldn't arrest either of us?
Old May 4th 2008, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lillee
thanks for your reply. What do you mea by older EU country? I am from UK. Also, you say it is ok to stay with him, so if the authorities discovered i was a single women staying with a sigle man they wouldn't arrest either of us?
yes UK is fine. you just go to the immigration desk at arrivals and they stamp your visa in your passport.

Don't worry about staying with your friend. Thousands of people live as unmarried couples here. Ok its illegal but not enforced, especially for europeans. Just don't seriously piss off his neighbours. Them informing the plod is the only real way you would have any risk.

so don't worry and just enjoy our trip over here!
Old May 4th 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

lillee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes UK is fine. you just go to the immigration desk at arrivals and they stamp your visa in your passport.

Don't worry about staying with your friend. Thousands of people live as unmarried couples here. Ok its illegal but not enforced, especially for europeans. Just don't seriously piss off his neighbours. Them informing the plod is the only real way you would have any risk.

so don't worry and just enjoy our trip over here!
thank you, i really appreciate this cause i was worrying about it. The last thing i would want is a 4 yr sentence for being naive. Again thank you