UAE Visit visa for non-EU national

Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:35 pm
dub
Forum Regular

dub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UAE Visit visa for non-EU national

Originally Posted by dub
Thanks for all your suggestions.

In the end have gone for a hotel sponsoring her. Just hope when the immigration authorities see my credit card as the guarantor (you need to put up a refundable 5,000AED) it doesn't raise any eyebrows.

As thr last poster said, its only because my friend is not one of the nationalities where you can just turn up at the airport and get your passport stamped that i have had to go through all these hoops. No probs for UK passport holders.
As a postscript - it all worked out well

she got her visa 3 days beforehand, checked in and out of the hotel without staying there so she could stay at mine and i got my 5000aed back that i put up against my credit card.

hope it helps someone else in a similar situation.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dub
As a postscript - it all worked out well

she got her visa 3 days beforehand, checked in and out of the hotel without staying there so she could stay at mine and i got my 5000aed back that i put up against my credit card.

hope it helps someone else in a similar situation.
ahh...good to hear it dub, did she enjoy herself...??

MM, xx
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:04 pm
dub
Forum Regular

dub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ahh...good to hear it dub, did she enjoy herself...??

MM, xx
she did indeed and in fact is making another visit in may and is even considering moving here herself for a stint working!

i think the weather over easter when it was gorgeous here but snowing in london may have helped!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

It should be reasonably easy for my Russian fiance to stay for a week then before we fly to Sri Lanka to get married
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:33 pm
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

Dub, could you pm me the name of the hotel that arranged it for you? I asked in my hotel (still staying in a hotel... ) and they told me only travel agencies can sponsor visas?!?!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dub
Thanks for all your suggestions.

In the end have gone for a hotel sponsoring her. Just hope when the immigration authorities see my credit card as the guarantor (you need to put up a refundable 5,000AED) it doesn't raise any eyebrows.
Wow, you risked 5,000AED for your girlfriend...it must be true lubb
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
It should be reasonably easy for my Russian fiance to stay for a week then before we fly to Sri Lanka to get married
Please don't start using the words Russian and married in the same post when MM is around.

Russia is too close for comfort!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Please don't start using the words Russian and married in the same post when MM is around.

Russia is too close for comfort!
i'm working on it...plan really kicks off next week though...

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

i'm working on it...plan really kicks off next week though...

MM, xx
:curse:
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

:curse:
ah c'mon...you know i will be the soul of discretion...

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah c'mon...you know i will be the soul of discretion...

MM, xx
when/if you get to meet S you'll probably bring a laptop with complex wdding plans on it

took her to the Jumeirah museum place last night!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when/if you get to meet S you'll probably bring a laptop with complex wdding plans on it

took her to the Jumeirah museum place last night!
nah...saving that for the second time i meet her...

antiques musuem...??

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nah...saving that for the second time i meet her...

antiques musuem...??

MM, xx
thats the place
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:54 am
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by str
Dub, could you pm me the name of the hotel that arranged it for you? I asked in my hotel (still staying in a hotel... ) and they told me only travel agencies can sponsor visas?!?!
Should have said that i'm in f**g AD where it is practically impossible to bring in visitors.
Just for the records and the collective intelligence: In Abu Dhabi only Sheraton (maybe also other 5* hotels) is doing the visa service which takes 14 working days. All other hotels told me travel agencies doing it. But: All travel agencies told me they are not doing it and send me to the airlines. Emirates is doing it but only from the country of residence of the guest. Etihad is doing if you book in their office (7 working days) but that wasn't a option because of lacking connecting flights in europe.
Long story short: I booked a hotel in DXB and get the visa in 3 working days. Naive as I am, I thought this is one country...
Old May 4th 2008, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

lillee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jump in on this thread but i don't know how to post a new one as i am new to this site. I have a concern and would really appreciate some suuport. I have been invited over to Dubai by a friend (male) Who is working there. He has suggested i stay with him at his apartment but while looking on the internet for travel information and guildlines, i came across khawla (maybe spelt wrong). This means it is illegal for a women and man to stay together. What can i do? I am a EU national and his friend but exactly how could it work? Please could someone help me because i am due to go soon and if staying with him is a serious offence i would really like to know. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.