British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   UAE Visa Run (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/uae-visa-run-855945/)

Brains1983 Apr 7th 2015 8:52 am

UAE Visa Run

Folks,
My mother in law is arriving on Thursday. For 10 weeks :(

She now holds a German passport, so none of the previous problems with organizing visas and deposits. However, I'm pretty sure a red passport can only stay in the country for either 30 or 60 days before having to do extend her visit at either a police station or do the visa run to Oman.

I'm fine with the process of the visa run, as we've driven that route a couple of times ourselves.

I'm just not sure on how long she can initially stay before we have to do something, and if all the visa extensions can be done here at a police station or if a visa run is required.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

DubInRiyadh Apr 7th 2015 9:00 am

Re: UAE Visa Run

your biggest problem is the 10 week stay.....yikes

spartans53 Apr 7th 2015 9:02 am

You get 40 days from arrival and I think you can extend the visa for 30 days once at the police station for about 500 dhs

hnd Apr 7th 2015 11:52 am

You get 30 days which includes the day of arrival and day of departure. Theoretically there is a 10 day 'grace period' so you don't get fined for an overstay until the 40th day. However someone I know did a visa run fairly recently just 3 days after the 30 day visa period was up and was fined for the three days. Can't remember how much the fine was though. Guess it just depends on who you get on the day 😏

Tbh it's easier to do a visa run than to extend at DNRD - make a day of it and have lunch at Hatta Fort Hotel, perhaps. At least you don't now have to park up to get the exit stamp at Hatta as you just drive up to the kiosk and hand over your passport(s).

Dubaiexile Apr 7th 2015 6:44 pm

There`s lots of companies that do 90 day visa`s or you can pop down to DNRD and do it your self, saves on having to do the Visa run. I got my mother in law one last year very easy. Cost is below.

New UAE tourist visas fees; only 30- and 90-day visit visas allowed - Emirates 24|7

hnd Apr 7th 2015 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 11612906)
There`s lots of companies that do 90 day visa`s or you can pop down to DNRD and do it your self, saves on having to do the Visa run. I got my mother in law one last year very easy. Cost is below.

New UAE tourist visas fees; only 30- and 90-day visit visas allowed - Emirates 24|7

As far as I'm aware this article and the visas referred to are those required by people who aren't entitled to a visa on arrival (VoA).