Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE Visa problem, not sure how to proceed. Help please!

UAE Visa problem, not sure how to proceed. Help please!

Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Steve_Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UAE Visa problem, not sure how to proceed. Help please!

So no residence visa means definitely no ban? Even if I have the 2 month permit in my name and passport number?

What if I no longer remain in contact with the company HR or manager and the permit simply expires?
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Not correct. That only applies after 12 months. Bans for virtually all if they leave a job within 12 months (assuming they have a residency/employment visa) unless moving within a free zone, sponsored by a spouse or in a government job where they choose to waive the rules.
Thanks, didn't know it was after 12 months.

The bit about different Emirates stands though?

Originally Posted by Steve_Ed
So no residence visa means definitely no ban? Even if I have the 2 month permit in my name and passport number?

What if I no longer remain in contact with the company HR or manager and the permit simply expires?
I think that would be burying your head in the copious amounts of sand. Ring them, explain and ask for them to cancel whatever they've processed. No need to disappear and leave them wondering and with a sour taste in their mouths.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Steve_Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks, didn't know it was after 12 months.

The bit about different Emirates stands though?

I think that would be burying your head in the copious amounts of sand. Ring them, explain and ask for them to cancel whatever they've processed. No need to disappear and leave them wondering and with a sour taste in their mouths.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't say nothing, just curious as to what would happen, I'm sure there are a few people who have done so.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 11:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Steve_Ed
Yeah I definitely wouldn't say nothing, just curious as to what would happen, I'm sure there are a few people who have done so.
Not much I wouldn't expect, apart from pissing people off. I reckon you're fine, just explain to them.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Hi OP
The company is 90% finished with the visa process, the labour approval/CID clearance etc has been done and all that is left is for your medical to be done and final stamping.

The company is able to cancel the application at this point, but you will have to speak to them to resolve. You won't be able to just leave it hanging, as this will cause problems on your next entry/exit from UAE
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 7:07 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Hi OP
The company is 90% finished with the visa process, the labour approval/CID clearance etc has been done and all that is left is for your medical to be done and final stamping.

The company is able to cancel the application at this point, but you will have to speak to them to resolve. You won't be able to just leave it hanging, as this will cause problems on your next entry/exit from UAE
I don't believe this is even remotely accurate, but still same advice applies. Speak to the employer...
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

You can double check anything I have written by calling the DNRD helpline and explaining your situation.

Old Jun 23rd 2015, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Desert Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

As a company owner, I would be seriously pissed off if this happened to me. To get to the visa stage the OP is at, I would have had to have already spent a load of cash (non refundable) along with time and effort with the authorities, let alone taking having to look for another replacement and having to pay once again.

I would suggest talking to your employer and explaining the situation and come to some sort of amicable agreement if you can, although this may not help depending on the reasons you aren't joining them. They can cancel the application, but will lose all the fees expended so far.

Remember that the Emirates is actually a tiny place and that it is very likely that you will cross paths again.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:37 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dog
As a company owner, I would be seriously pissed off if this happened to me. To get to the visa stage the OP is at, I would have had to have already spent a load of cash (non refundable) along with time and effort with the authorities, let alone taking having to look for another replacement and having to pay once again.

I would suggest talking to your employer and explaining the situation and come to some sort of amicable agreement if you can, although this may not help depending on the reasons you aren't joining them. They can cancel the application, but will lose all the fees expended so far.

Remember that the Emirates is actually a tiny place and that it is very likely that you will cross paths again.
The guy was already on the ground here looking for work so unless the company still have to pay the agency introduction fee assuming he came introduced which is unlikely unless their contract is shit and a few hours wasted in interviews, making offer letters and so on I find it hard to believe they will have spent a 'load of cash' as you call it. The visa fees are pretty small all things considered.

I appreciate it is annoying to have people pull out of an employment contract, but it still happens all the time. Just because there is a visa application process involved and you as the employer have invested time and little money into hiring the guy doesn't mean he is obliged to work for you.

This is in my opinion typical ME mentality. Employers think they own the employee. More so in Qatar, KSA where you need permission to leave the country as god forbid you ran away because you were treated like shit..

Sorry mate. I get you would be upset and annoyed, but I think it is just one of those things you have to accept comes with the territory when you are an employer. Also if an employer is willing to bad mouth you across a country to stop you getting work elsewhere that just proves the point that you made a good decision to turn them down....
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Desert Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said, it would be best to discuss it with the employer.