Reload this Page >

UAE/Saudi land border crossing Ghuwaifat/Al Batha

UAE/Saudi land border crossing Ghuwaifat/Al Batha

Old Jan 30th 2022, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

alexmills80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UAE/Saudi land border crossing Ghuwaifat/Al Batha

Did you drive there in the end?
Sorry late to the thread, but we will be (inshallah) driving UAE to Saudi later this year / early next.
Friends in Riyadh say it shouldn't be too bad (as long as the e-visa thing is working), but not engaged on the detail fully yet,
Old Feb 11th 2022, 8:03 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Response to Sacamp's last post

Riyadh is the gayest city I have ever been in.

Last edited by Miss Ann Thrope; Feb 11th 2022 at 8:08 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 8:06 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Response to Alexmills post

No, didn't bother. Flew to Jeddah and drove down to Asir, Magnificent scenery and exceptionally friendly and helpful locals. When you know who to ask at least (not unconnected to my other comments).

But may still attempt this in the future so still interested in experiences. Airports now a thousand times easier than in the past.
Old Feb 14th 2022, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Response to Sacamp's last post

Riyadh is the gayest city I have ever been in.
Not surprised, oppression creates desire.
Old Feb 14th 2022, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What did you do pre-Grindr (or any app of similar usage depending on preferences)? I suggest revert to some old school ways of the underground shagger.
What the locals did was pop their BlackBerry messenger ID on their car window or bumper and cruise around. Proper screen cut stickers - a strange way of courting

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/w...s-freedom.html
Old Feb 19th 2022, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Adambaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Does anybody have any reasonably recent and relevant experience crossing the border point between Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia?

I would welcome any useful information, hints, pointers or even the usual spluttering red-faced BritishExpats dubious opinions.

The idea is a driving trip from Dubai to and around Eastern region of Saudi.
The context points on which it would be most useful to get advice:
- driving UAE-registered vehicle. Presumably insurance documents will be required, anything special and non-obvious? If vehicle is in the name of husband of the driver, would she need a special letter? (Same has not been required for driving trips to Oman for example).
- group of two or possibly three people, mixed male/female, not married to each other (but to other people not present). Mix of UAE residents and UAE visitors, UK and Ireland passports with Saudi visitor visas. Any difficulty likely with mixed gender (and mixed orientation) non-related people viewed as possibly beautifying the sin?*
- physical and logistical issues at the border? Anything to be aware of?
- any other delights?
- Covid-related points in the knowledge that these could easily and arbitrarily change?

Thanks as ever

* as much as saggy middle-aged nerdy people can do that....
I think it's easy to cross the border. But it's always better to have someone who knows in either country with you.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
What did you do pre-Grindr (or any app of similar usage depending on preferences)? I suggest revert to some old school ways of the underground shagger.
But even with the VPN on you won't be able to see who is around you on Grindr. I am still puzzled as to how the gays overcome this obstacle on Grindr.

By the way, how dangerous is it for a gay guy to work in the KSA, assuming that they will live in the compound?