UAE Residency

Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough
Default UAE Residency

Can someone enlighten me.

As I understand it residency visa's are tied to employment visa's for which you need a sponsor (employer).

However, assume that you earn an income outside of the UAE, but you wish to reside in the UAE and not work in the UAE (well at least not initially). Is it still possible to obtain a residency visa for yourself and family?

I know the option (sort of) exists if you buy freehold property....but assume you did not have this option......

Any ideas? I find it hard to believe that people with incomes outside of the UAE are unable to legally reside in the UAE.....unless I have missed something.

Martin
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:51 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE Residency

Get my residency on thursday yeay!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Get my residency on thursday yeay!!!!!
doesn't really help with my question, but I am glad I offered you the opportunity to show your pleasure at obtaining your residency permit

remember, yours is tied to your employer and I am interested in "just" a residency permit....

Martin
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:15 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCA27
doesn't really help with my question, but I am glad I offered you the opportunity to show your pleasure at obtaining your residency permit

remember, yours is tied to your employer and I am interested in "just" a residency permit....

Martin
I do know someone who is doing something similar to what you ask, ill ask him tonight and post a reply tomorrow for you.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:16 pm
Up in the air

Martin
sent u some karma anyway.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

sent u some karma anyway.
out of sympathy no doubt!!
just seen your karma situation...very impressed as you have only been around for a couple of months!!!
anyway, will be interested in the set up your friend has......
Martin
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:29 pm
Up in the air

out of sympathy no doubt!!
just seen your karma situation...very impressed as you have only been around for a couple of months!!!
anyway, will be interested in the set up your friend has......
Martin
So should i expect karma from you before or after i come up with the goods.??
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

So should i expect karma from you before or after i come up with the goods.??
just Karma'd you in the head
if you come up with the goods....beers on me next time i am in dxb!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:35 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

to answer your original question, no

that would be getting a visa to live somewhere without contributing anything to society, which doesn't really happen anywhere
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:38 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by TA5

that would be getting a visa to live somewhere without contributing anything to society, which doesn't really happen anywhere
Thats bollocks.
it happens in the UK all the time
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:40 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

however, if you are talking about half a year or something, just get consecutive visit visas, and ask for extensions for each one
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:41 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by TA5

And anyway, if he is working outside the UAE and living in the UAE he will be paying municipality tax, water/electric. buying local goods/taxi's 30% drink tax. car insurance.

All of this will contribute to the local economy

I could understand if he was working outside the UAE to avoid the hideous income tax we have here!!!

so please tell me how he would be cheating society ???
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TA5

So you are telling me, I could be a millionaire (which I am not ), not need to live off the state in the UAE in any way whatsoever, and they still would not give me a residency permit??

you are also implying that you cannot retire in another country because you would not be contributing to society....which of course is not the case
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

And anyway, if he is working outside the UAE and living in the UAE he will be paying municipality tax, water/electric. buying local goods/taxi's 30% drink tax. car insurance.

All of this will contribute to the local economy

I could understand if he was working outside the UAE to avoid the hideous income tax we have here!!!

so please tell me how he would be cheating society ???
exactly
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TA5
however, if you are talking about half a year or something, just get consecutive visit visas, and ask for extensions for each one
as a uk national, i get 60 days + 30 which means i would have to leave maybe every 3 months......but my wife requires a visa and needs to be sponsored which would be problematic for her...

by getting a residency visa myself, i would then sponsor her......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.