Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE NOC conditions

UAE NOC conditions

Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default UAE NOC conditions

A friend (the one with debts) can't get a job because her employer wont give her an NOC. She worked with them for 1.5 years. She gave 1 months notice before resignation and for the past 4 months her company has refused the NOC so noone will agree to employ her. Is this legal and what are her options?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Anonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant futureAnonindubai has a brilliant future
Default Re: UAE NOC conditions

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
A friend (the one with debts) can't get a job because her employer wont give her an NOC. She worked with them for 1.5 years. She gave 1 months notice before resignation and for the past 4 months her company has refused the NOC so noone will agree to employ her. Is this legal and what are her options?
Depends if she has an immigration ban or just a labour ban. If its a labour ban she could get a job in one of the Freezones. However, it sounds like she may have a ban at immigration.

why did she resign without another job to go to?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

It is the employers right to refuse an NOC, this means that the automatic ban that is placed on her by the labour office cannot be lifted.

The only option that I can see is that she obtains employment in a Free Zone or for a government entity.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:59 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
It is the employers right to refuse an NOC, this means that the automatic ban that is placed on her by the labour office cannot be lifted.

The only option that I can see is that she obtains employment in a Free Zone or for a government entity.
Is it 3 years before you can move without an NOC or do you always nee one if not employed in a free zone?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Is it 3 years before you can move without an NOC or do you always nee one if not employed in a free zone?
3 years,
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:20 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
3 years unless you go to work in a freezone or are lucky to have a government/semi-government/influencial employer to go to.

If you have a very good PRO you can pay (aka bribe) to have a ban lifted which can cost anything between AED3k to AED12k from what I have heard.

I left my first company after 2.5 years and they banned me...but I was friends with their PRO and he got it lifted for 5k. Quite a distuisting little country really where people cannot move freely between jobs.

N.