Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE national bonds

UAE national bonds

Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:11 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default UAE national bonds

Anyone interested in a premium bond type lottery try these

http://nationalbonds.ae/

Better odds than the Dubai Millionaire and I beleive you get interest as well.

Good luck

TS
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UAE national bonds

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Good luck

TS
National Blonds...................
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:20 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

TS
Possibly the worst thing to buy...ever.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:04 pm
W10

Ever?

whyso?

Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:11 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Possibly the worst thing to buy...ever.
????????
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

TS

By the way these bonds are Sharia compliant, which means no interest! And not sure what the odds of winning are, since there is not much information available

ADCB also have a similar scheme - you invest AED 20k in a Fixed Deposit at 2.5% pa and you stand a 1 in 5000 chance of winning $1 million.

IG
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
Premium Member

Fair do's IG.... there is no interest, however at the end of each financial year, 20% of all profits made will be redistributed pro rata to all bond holders.

It's the Sharia equivalent of interest.

Cheers
TS
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm TS, looks interesting. Let me figure this one out.......will let you know more shortly

The only draw back I see now is they are not demat - In case of redemption, you have to mail the original certificates to a PO Box . There is no confirmation of receipt .......... What happens if you lose the certificates or they claim you didn't send them I would be more comfortable if the redemption was handled by a Bank/ or you atleast get a receipt when you submit the bonds for redemption

Ciao
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:27 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Mmmmm TS, looks interesting. Let me figure this one out.......will let you know more shortly

The only draw back I see now is they are not demat - In case of redemption, you have to mail the original certificates to a PO Box . There is no confirmation of receipt .......... What happens if you lose the certificates or they claim you didn't send them I would be more comfortable if the redemption was handled by a Bank/ or you atleast get a receipt when you submit the bonds for redemption

Ciao
IG

As you have said redemption is typical UAE style with few safegaurds. I'm sure this will change as the country's admin drags itself out of the middle ages. I'm still looking fwd to getting a new cheque book automatically.....!!!

Such is life.... I'll be buying a few bonds 2mrw.... before the next draw.... i'l keep u posted....
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good Luck TS!!! Hope you win the grand prize, you can treat us all then
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:28 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

IG

As you have said redemption is typical UAE style with few safegaurds. I'm sure this will change as the country's admin drags itself out of the middle ages. I'm still looking fwd to getting a new cheque book automatically.....!!!

Such is life.... I'll be buying a few bonds 2mrw.... before the next draw.... i'l keep u posted....

BTW...their ass-backwards way of doing things is how they will protect their asses when it all comes crumbling down...
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TA5
BTW...their ass-backwards way of doing things is how they will protect their asses when it all comes crumbling down...

TA5 ...........no need to worry about their asses which is anyway protected (considering who the shareholders are)

It is the investors who will need to protect theirs, if at all

Last edited by IndieG; Apr 29th 2006 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:00 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It still amazes me how expats would even consider wasting a dirham on any investment product developed locally when most of us come from countries with centuries old proven investment and banking methods...
Old May 14th 2006, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It still amazes me how expats would even consider wasting a dirham on any investment product developed locally when most of us come from countries with centuries old proven investment and banking methods...

Because expats for some bizarre reason always seem to get sucked into these 'get rich' schemes. Lost count of the number of people I worked with in Saudi who lots thousands to so-called investment advisers (usually British conmen).
Old May 14th 2006, 3:17 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
U r easily amazed then Norm.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.