Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

uae immigration ban

uae immigration ban

Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

maltonge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uae immigration ban

Hi I am a british national and I have lived in dubai for the past 3 years. I left dubai in january 2013 on amnesty.

I was conned in dubai, my company held my passport and I was told that my resident visa was completed and in good standing.

I worked for the company for 2.5 years it was only when we needed to get a labor card for id did i question the company.

in october 2012 i went to work in the morning only to find they have closed down. I tried to phone our boss and his phone was off. I later found out they ran away from the UAE non of the staff had visas also he left a lot of debt within the uae.

So I was more than 2 years overstay. I managed to get inside the offices and found my passport which still had my visit visa from my last entry which was the 10th october 2010.

So I was so happy when I heard about amnesty and in january I left the uae with the outpass.

They did an eyescan at the immigration center and told me that I would be able to return after 1 week. So I agreed and let them do the eyescan.

Now Its 6 month since i left dubai and I would like to return on a job offer. however I found out that all people who availed the amnesty would have a life time entry ban. I would like some confirmation of this.

Also if there is a life time ban how can i get this lifted. I am willing to pay or go to uae court for this. I just want to clear my name as I did nothing wrong.

Please hope some one can help.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uae immigration ban

usually with an amnesty its a life ban... also if you were working for 2.5 years why did you not have a labour card, you should have checked/queried about this within the probation period etc. of course some companies do keep the passports and so you are not able to check if that is the case. the issue is if you have a ban on you you will be arrested and thrown in jail if you come back here. you would need someone in the uae to check it out for you first etc.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:51 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Change your passport.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Change your passport.
If they did an eye scan, perhaps not much help.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 7:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by OleJanx
If they did an eye scan, perhaps not much help.
I know that, but, as a UK passport holder, have you ever been eye-scanned coming into here - facial photograph yes, but actually eye-scanned?

I never have.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I know that, but, as a UK passport holder, have you ever been eye-scanned coming into here - facial photograph yes, but actually eye-scanned?

I never have.
True enough.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 8:00 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by OleJanx
True enough.
However, if you take a job, for your Emirates I.D you do need an eye scan.

So Mr. OP, I'd suggest you're a bit fooked (through know fault of your own).

Hindsight being a wonderful thing, but a quick couple of questions:-
  • You worked here for 30 months and never ONCE went out of the country?
  • You got access (legal or illegal) to your company's premises and found your passport?
  • You spell "labour" as "labor"?

Are you sure what you say is correct?

Last edited by Kix; Jun 23rd 2013 at 8:04 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 11:55 am
Just Joined

emiratesideida.social is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day,

If you have any queries regarding the Emirates ID card, please don't hesitate to contact us on one of our channels:

Twitter: @EmiratesID_HELP
Facebook: Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA)
Old Jun 24th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

I never have.
The new e-gate system (sign up in Abu Dhabi mall) includes an eye-scan. Won't ever be mandatory for tourists obviously but could conceivably be an immigration requirement for residents.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
The new e-gate system (sign up in Abu Dhabi mall) includes an eye-scan. Won't ever be mandatory for tourists obviously but could conceivably be an immigration requirement for residents.
not just in ad mall going around town.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...=nationgeneral
Old Jun 24th 2013, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I never have.
Twice.
1) On arrival to AD when holding a work-permit visa thing.
2) On arriving at Hatta after a visa run when visa was cancelled and I was re-entering

Last edited by Millhouse; Jun 24th 2013 at 2:49 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 2:36 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by emiratesideida.social
Good day,

If you have any queries regarding the Emirates ID card, please don't hesitate to contact us on one of our channels:

Twitter: @EmiratesID_HELP
Facebook: Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA)
Does anyone else think this is a bit NSA/Snowden?
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:23 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Does anyone else think this is a bit NSA/Snowden?
Not me. Shows an awareness of the media which expats in UAE use, and helps by giving details of where to get questions answered. And--deliberately or not--sends out a message that the UAE has an immigration policy which is enforced and supported by various agencies.

Gets the thumbs up from me.