Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE Embassy London - Visa / Degree

UAE Embassy London - Visa / Degree

Old May 12th 2011, 11:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default UAE Embassy London - Visa / Degree

Afternoon folks,

The Mrs is moving out end of August to teach here. She has had her Degree signed by a solicitor and sent to Milton Keynes, but what does she need to do at the embassy?

Can she post it to them to be signed or does she need to turn up?

Any ideas on costs?

Thanks

Scamp
Old May 12th 2011, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UAE Embassy London - Visa / Degree

What is at Milton Keynes...other than the concrete cows?
Old May 12th 2011, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

no idea but she had to post it there for something...
Old May 12th 2011, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The Foreign Office Legalising Department - for the general public - is now in MK. One used to be able to go to the London office, but that is now only for 'business customers'.

The degree should be signed by a Notary Public first - which you have done. Then it goes to MK for legalising. They charge £28 per document ( what a rip off, I know ! ) .

After that, it should go to the UAE Embassy for them to legalise it, but they charge a lot less in my experience ( Saudi and Qatar Embassy charge £4 and £6 respectively ) . In essence, it's just a rubber stamp to confirm they have 'legalised' it.

Wasn't sure what you were asking regarding postage - to MK or to the Embassy? You can post your stuff to the FCO in MK, but as for the Embassy, I think it's better done in person. Depending on the Embassy, some might do a same day service - if you get there early enough - and some do a next day service.

Last edited by nottmbantam; May 12th 2011 at 4:23 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 5:33 am
Just Joined

5herry is an unknown quantity at this point

I've recently been through this process twice

Once you receive the docs back your wife needs to go to the UAE embassy (Nearest station is South Ken on District, Circle & Picc line) before 12.30pm to hand in.

You can do a same day service and pick up after 2.30pm - this costs £30 or next day service which is £20.
Old May 15th 2011, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 5herry

Once you receive the docs back your wife needs to go to the UAE embassy (Nearest station is South Ken on District, Circle & Picc line) before 12.30pm to hand in.

You can do a same day service and pick up after 2.30pm - this costs £30 or next day service which is £20.
Thanks for this, and you nottmbantam.
Old May 15th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 5herry

You don't have to go there in person - you can also post them. Worth getting a pre-paid special delivery envelope for them to use when returning it, otherwise they'll send it normal second class post. Before I sent mine, late last year, I e-mailed them to confirm exact procedure, and they were reasonably helpful in providing answers - the e-mail address is somewhere on their website.
Old May 15th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
You don't have to go there in person - you can also post them. Worth getting a pre-paid special delivery envelope for them to use when returning it, otherwise they'll send it normal second class post. Before I sent mine, late last year, I e-mailed them to confirm exact procedure, and they were reasonably helpful in providing answers - the e-mail address is somewhere on their website.
I second that. Infact, if you speak with the FCO in MK, they should confirm that if you include a prepaid envelope to the UAE Embassy, and a stamped addressed one back to yourself, they even have the courtesy to pass it on to them.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Joeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Afternoon folks,

The Mrs is moving out end of August to teach here.
Scamp
What school will she be teaching at?

I ask because I'm moving out to teach at the same time...
Old May 19th 2011, 3:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joeyg1
What school will she be teaching at?

I ask because I'm moving out to teach at the same time...
the same one as you
Old May 19th 2011, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Joeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to allJoeyg1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the same one as you
How can you be so sure?