Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE driving licence eye test

UAE driving licence eye test

Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:54 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default UAE driving licence eye test

I logged on the the Dubai police vehicle site to pay a fine and apparently my eye sight test is only valid for three years do has expired, even though the licence itself is valid for 10 years.

What do I do? (If anything...never heard of anyone else doing this)
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE driving licence eye test

Originally Posted by ctfc
I logged on the the Dubai police vehicle site to pay a fine and apparently my eye sight test is only valid for three years do has expired, even though the licence itself is valid for 10 years.

I bet you didn't see that coming.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I bet you didn't see that coming.
ba-dum-tish
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

never heard anything like that before...I 'do' licenses with my clients all the time and no one has ever mentioned it. Maybe they mean that when you go for your license the eye test paper can't be more than 3 years old...no idea.

My license broke in half and I went to get a new one, it was 6 years old at the time and they never told me I had to do a new eyetest.

I'll ask next time I go there (although thinking about the people that work there I'd be surprised to get some sort of coherent answer out of them).
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
ba-dum-tish
you are just gutted that I beat you to it.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:41 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
never heard anything like that before...I 'do' licenses with my clients all the time and no one has ever mentioned it. Maybe they mean that when you go for your license the eye test paper can't be more than 3 years old...no idea.

I'll ask next time I go there (although thinking about the people that work there I'd be surprised to get some sort of coherent answer out of them).
For new and renewal licences the eye test certificate has to be less than three months old, so it's not that.

Would be interested to hear what they say, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea
Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

For new and renewal licences the eye test certificate has to be less than three months old, so it's not that.

Would be interested to hear what they say, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea

Perhaps you are going to be impounded!!!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:11 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Eye test?

What new hell is this? I never had an eye test! Just turned up to Infinity in Marina Mall with all the docs in triplicate, Arabic and moonspeak, flirted mildly with the guy, got my pic taken and there was my licence inside ten minutes.

The husband did the same in January.

And from the state of the driving in Abu Dhabi, not many other people have taken an eye test either.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Bzhbublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to RTA in Union Coop Al Wasl. it's not really crowded office, and the eye test center is just on the ground floor (office is in the 1st floor).

It will cost you something like 50 aed for the test
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bzhbublin
Go to RTA in Union Coop Al Wasl. it's not really crowded office, and the eye test center is just on the ground floor (office is in the 1st floor).

It will cost you something like 50 aed for the test
eye test is 100 dhs...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

never knew there was an eyetest. When I got my license the burd asked if I wore glasses, I said yes, so there is a mark on the back of my license indicating I wear glasses. Dunno if I need to change that after getting them fixed?