Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE bans import and sale of pork

UAE bans import and sale of pork

Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UAE bans import and sale of pork

Originally Posted by W10
I find it all amusing.

Wow - I can't buy pork for a bit. That's gonna change my life...
You'd be amazed at how much a porcine prohibition makes a girl crave a nice pork sausage...
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

come on folks...pig meat is no good for ya
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

my Mrs stopped eating pork years ago
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:23 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sandboy
my Mrs stopped eating pork years ago
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:26 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
You'd be amazed at how much a porcine prohibition makes a girl crave a nice pork sausage...
You gone celibate????
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:07 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

you think now that they've banned it, that it will ever be re-instated... hmmm....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Autonomy
you think now that they've banned it, that it will ever be re-instated... hmmm....
How funny you mention this - first thing that occurred to me this afternoon when I heard the news was that this was their way of banning it once and for all. A little like the bird-flu ban on bird imports ............ took me 30 months to convince them that my parrot was captive-bred, never left my house, never mind the island which was bird-flu free - and anyway parrots do NOT get bird-flu (falcons do)

Methinks we will never see pork here again
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:19 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
That was my thinking too.

I really hope they don't discover beer flu
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Weeee religious zealots. Allahu Akbar! I feel sorry for you guys in Saudi Part 2
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it could have been worse I suppose, it could have been alcohol a night on the bevvy wont be the same without a bacon sarnie though
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Well since we've been without alcohol for most of the last year, and my dude is vegetarian so we don't have meat in the house - I think we'll survive anything now I will miss my smuggled in Pancetta though I mean, really What is Carbonara without Pancetta??? Boo hoo
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
How funny you mention this - first thing that occurred to me this afternoon when I heard the news was that this was their way of banning it once and for all. A little like the bird-flu ban on bird imports ............ took me 30 months to convince them that my parrot was captive-bred, never left my house, never mind the island which was bird-flu free - and anyway parrots do NOT get bird-flu (falcons do)

yep think you may well be right.....
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
yep think you may well be right.....
well Choithrams on the Springs and the Lakes are still selling pork, neither have been informed to stop selling it either. Got a bit of bacon and some ham just incase
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good now I know where I have to go for some bacon and eggs ........ Oh and I'll have chips with that too
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

ipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really nice

Waitrose in Marina Mall still selling thei morning.

Stocked up the freezer

British tradition panic buying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.