Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE - Abu Dhabi - security clearance - British national

UAE - Abu Dhabi - security clearance - British national

Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE - Abu Dhabi - security clearance - British national

Originally Posted by hsh
Thank you all for your input and replies - it is much appreciated.

Just a note - my passport validity was under 6 months and I am aware I need to have minimum 6 months on it to process visa if and when I receive the work approval - after new year I did get in touch with HR and informed them about my passport validity - surely if the job no longer existed and if they didn't want me anymore they would have said it then and there - they advised me to renew it and esp whilst waiting for the approval to come through.
My passport was renewed on same day and I sent over my new passport copy over the HR the following day - they confirmed they received the copy and they also informed me my new passport will be used for the entry permit once work approval comes through.

They also told me as I asked the question would my application be delayed further as my old passport copy was used and now il have a new one. They advised they would not re-do my application and my application submitted is the one used and still in process.

Can anyone inform me if what HR informed me is true or will my application be resubmitted with my new passport copy?

Furthermore does anyone know if new information provided to HR do they send it straight to the authorities and immigration and once my file is updated will my file then be placed at the bottom of the list or remain where it is sitting at that point? (I know this question may be not he answered).

Thank you again all and I look forward to hearing your responses.
Don't worry about passports. I started my job and visa application with one and renewed midway. My documents had the old number on some and new on others but it wasn't an issue. Keep the old passport with you as well just in case there is any query.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:57 am
hsh
Just Joined

hsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Standanista
Don't worry about passports. I started my job and visa application with one and renewed midway. My documents had the old number on some and new on others but it wasn't an issue. Keep the old passport with you as well just in case there is any query.
Ahhh what a relief to read your reply. That's made me some what more at ease. Thank you so much.
How long did it take you to clear security checks?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

When people tell you how long their clearance takes, be aware that the clearance time will depend a LOT upon what sector you are working in; basically, if your work will have nothing to do with anything sensitive [oil, defence, security, government-money etc] then it will be a lot quicker). Also relevant will be the efficiency of your company, the efficiency of the body processing the clearance (there are several), Ramadan, holidays, etc. Just because someone got it done in a month does not mean yours could ever be done in remotely that time.

So, what I am saying is that asking someone how long their security checks took can be a waste of time unless you say what sector you will be working in, and they are in a similar one!

From what you say, however, it seems that the HR know what they are doing.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hsh
How long did it take you to clear security checks?
Already replied to that above.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:01 pm
hsh
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Standanista
Already replied to that above.
Indeed you did - apologies! I'm going mad with the whole waiting process - but trying to remain as patient as possible.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:03 pm
hsh
Just Joined

Originally Posted by archie159
When people tell you how long their clearance takes, be aware that the clearance time will depend a LOT upon what sector you are working in; basically, if your work will have nothing to do with anything sensitive [oil, defence, security, government-money etc] then it will be a lot quicker). Also relevant will be the efficiency of your company, the efficiency of the body processing the clearance (there are several), Ramadan, holidays, etc. Just because someone got it done in a month does not mean yours could ever be done in remotely that time.

So, what I am saying is that asking someone how long their security checks took can be a waste of time unless you say what sector you will be working in, and they are in a similar one!

From what you say, however, it seems that the HR know what they are doing.
Thank you archie159
Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Kanod is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: UAE - Abu Dhabi - security clearance - British national

Hello to the original poster

Could you tell me your current status with regards to your visa / security clearance?

I am in exactly the same situation - even the dates you mention match my application history! I interviewed in Oct 2016, accepted in Nov 2015 but am STILL waiting.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 9:54 pm
hsh
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kanod

Could you tell me your current status with regards to your visa / security clearance?

I am in exactly the same situation - even the dates you mention match my application history! I interviewed in Oct 2016, accepted in Nov 2015 but am STILL waiting.
Please check your PM. Il message you now.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:03 pm
hsh
Just Joined

To everyone who has posted on this thread - I want to thank you all for all your help and insight etc.

As expected no clarity and no updates at all.

Job hunt started a month ago and things are looking better and it's keeping me more focused and feeling alive again.

Keep ya all posted.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Kanod is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I'll check.

Admin won't let me view your PM.

Last edited by mikewot; Feb 22nd 2016 at 2:06 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kanod

can I borrow your time machine?
Old Jun 18th 2016, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Laurenleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on your visa hsh?!
Old Jun 18th 2016, 4:30 pm
hsh
Just Joined

My application was put on hold and I decided to look elsewhere.
Best decision I ever did. Had to tell the company to cancel everything in order for any other opportunities I received to move forward.
I gave up on it after over 3 months waiting.
Stay away from governmental companies for the time being.
I hope this helps and if you have any other questions drop me a private message.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

This is all good training for the Middle East.

RedTapeTastic
Old Jun 21st 2016, 10:09 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hsh
My application was put on hold and I decided to look elsewhere.
Best decision I ever did. Had to tell the company to cancel everything in order for any other opportunities I received to move forward.
I gave up on it after over 3 months waiting.
Stay away from governmental companies for the time being.
I hope this helps and if you have any other questions drop me a private message.
Many thanks for the up date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.