Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

U.A.E. Health Insurance

U.A.E. Health Insurance

Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:00 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice
Default U.A.E. Health Insurance

Can anyone provide any information about employer provided health care in the UAE? How is the coverage, average expense and all of that sort of thing? I'll be working in Al Ain if that makes a difference. Daman seems the most likely and their website is very nice but I assume there are others.

Last edited by Aikman7981; Oct 20th 2008 at 7:05 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of
Default Re: U.A.E. Health Insurance

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Can anyone provide any information about employer provided health care in the UAE? How is the coverage, average expense and all of that sort of thing? I'll be working in Al Ain if that makes a difference. Daman seems the most likely and their website is very nice but I assume there are others.
Daman is the largest (I think) in UAE and is government backed. They have several products ranging from very cheap (600 Dhs/year, only if you earn 2000 Dhs/month or less) to the top level International cover. On the higher level policies, there is generally no excess and all costs are covered under the policy. When getting treatment, no cash changes hands, you just present your insurance card.

Off the top of my head, there are around six government approved local insurers. Any exisiting international health insurance will not be acceptable, even if the level of cover exceeds that offered by the local insurer.

Your employer should provide cover and your residency visa will not be issued unless you provide evidence of cover. I went through this hassle last year when getting my second daugthers residency visa.

My costs for two adults, two children with no pre exisitng conditions, was around 24k Dhs for the year.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aikman7981

As Al Ain is part of Abu Dhabi, your employer must provide you with health cover. The same rule does not apply in the rest of the emirates. Daman is government owned and a popular choice with employers. A range of companies operate in AD with a variety of cover plans.

Are you the employer or employee?

-
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:02 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I am the employee and I will be working for Al Tuff International if anyone has any insight into that company. Thanks for the information. I'm scambling to collect information as I was to be the sole rep of an American company in the UAE but difficulties with visas etc have necessitated being "hired" by a local company for the same job under the same terms.