Reload this Page >

TV ... questions?!

TV ... questions?!

Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:34 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TV ... questions?!

Originally Posted by hayrah
Just started a similar thread - after reading all this lot, I'm still none the wiser. Yes I am technically challenged!

We just hooked up our Al Jaz box and the channels don't seem to be consistent - first time through, we got quite a few english channels, like discovery and boomerang (kids) but on going back to them, they were scrambled. Is that normal? Is it a teaser, so you want to purchase more?

If you do want to buy some channels, is it a monthly fee? All we have so far is the box that 995 AED (Humax, Al Jaz sport).

Apologies for all the stupid questions...I would have JRTFM if there were any in the box!
Just get a VPN www.ukivpn.com are good as well as www.*****************

Much simpler...
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:45 am
Banned

Loaf n Jug is an unknown quantity at this point

Mustang, I've had a C- Band dish for 12 years and it was the best investment I ever made..First get a 10 foot C-band dish installed and buy IRD reciever , then just hook it up. It's easy. Your wiring from the dish will have two large 12-14 gauge wires usually white and black or red and black. These wires would go to M1 and M2 on the back of the receiver. The terminals they go on depends on how it is wired at the actuator motor on the dish there are M1 and M2 terminals there. Normally white or red would go to M1 and black to M2. If you get these backwards the dish will go East when it is supposed to go West. There are two smaller wires usually 22 gauge that go on the sensor and ground terminals of the motor circut in any order. To find out which two smaller wires are being used you might have to take the actuator motor cover off at the dish to see which wires are being used (there are more than two small wires in the wiring bundle usually there is a green, blue, brown, sometimes white, and a bare twisted wire. Some installers have used the bare wire as the ground wire in the sensor circut this will work but is not desireable so change this to a colored wire if this is how your circut is wired. )

Now to the Polarity circut
The polarity wires will be in a bundle of three 18-22 gauge wires almost always red, black and white. They hook to the polarity circut on the receiver, white goes to the terminal marked pulse or sensor, red to the terminal marked 5+ and black to the terminal marked ground. On the dish these wires hook to the feed horn servo motor and match up to red to red, black to black and white to white

Now to the coax between the receiver and the dish. Mounted on the dish (usually under a cover is the lnb(s) and the feed horn. On the dish the coax is connected to the lnb or lnbs. If you have only one lnb you have a c-band only system. If you have two lnbs and one is smaller than the other you have a C/KU/band system. If you have two lnbs and they are the same size you have a dual lnb C-Band only system (usually used on systems with more than one receiver). If you have single LNB system you connect the coax comming from the LNB to the connector labled one of the following, "(IF input) (lnb) (lnb input)(C / H) If you have a c/ku/band system you will have two coaxes to connect on the back of the receiver. The C-Band LNB coax goes on the same terminal as above and the K/U band LNB coax goes on the terminal below the first one labled one of the following, (V / KU) (Verticle / KU). If you have a dual LNB C-Band system you would put the horizontal LNB coax on the top terminal and the verticle LNB coax on the bottom terminal. Receivers will have a place somewhere in the installation menus to select the feed horn lnb set up. My receiver has only one LNB input but still has dual LNBs or C/Ku, it has an out board switch that you attach the incoming LNB coaxs to and then a single coax goes from the switch to the LNB input.

Make sure all the connections are good and just turn it on and enjoy!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:55 pm
Banned

Loaf n Jug is an unknown quantity at this point

Galaxy 5 has all the American shows btw..You got to point the dish right on the eastern horizon so if you have a big fence, forget it.