Reload this Page >

Trying to find a job in the fashion industry in Dubai

Trying to find a job in the fashion industry in Dubai

Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:29 am
Just Joined

amandaindubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to find a job in the fashion industry in Dubai

Hi
I have been living in Dubai for 6 months with boyfriend. I love Dubai but I am finding it difficult trying to find a job within the fashion industry. I studied Clothing Design & Manufacture at Herriot Watt University and graduated before moving. Areas of interest include design, pattern cutting, buying and fashion publishing. I have sent my CV to all the recruitment agencies but dont know what to do next? any help or advice would be gratelly appreciated.
Thanks, Amanda
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:42 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

The fashion design market has grown quite considerably in the UAE and I would have thought you would have gotten a job by now in that industry. Well I would advise you to buy gulf news on the days that the appointments section comes out, which I think is three days a week, but also check through the classified sections on that day also, as you are paying for the complete newspaper . Sending your CV to recruitment agencies with the industry that you are in will likely not help much, so you should contact the companies that are dealing in the fashion designing industry, like some professional tailoring companies like Tailor Works, etc. But in general, contact all companies that you could possibly work at and see if they are interested in employing you.

Did some running around online to see if I could find you anything, but even Baty.com didnt have even a single job vacancy in the fashion design industry. Searched on CareerMidEast.com and only found this entry which unfortunately is in Egypt. Did some other searches here and there but still couldnt find anything that would suit you unfortunately. I did find jobs for people into marketing and sales of fashion garments if you would be interested.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:14 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

Was reading online at Gulf News and found this article about the Dior fashion house. Someone you should try contacting.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:18 am
Balushi

Default Re: Trying to find a job in the fashion industry in Dubai

Originally posted by amandaindubai
Hi
I have been living in Dubai for 6 months with boyfriend. I love Dubai but I am finding it difficult trying to find a job within the fashion industry. I studied Clothing Design & Manufacture at Herriot Watt University and graduated before moving. Areas of interest include design, pattern cutting, buying and fashion publishing. I have sent my CV to all the recruitment agencies but dont know what to do next? any help or advice would be gratelly appreciated.
Thanks, Amanda

The fashion designer are specialzed in Arabic tradition .... and it's only the Local that go to Tailoring and fashion desiging houses here! and are the only major Clients! - while the rest just buy their dresses ready made imported from paris and stuff.

If you have the Local dress making skills with embroeidery then you are in the right place.... it very lucrative!