Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travelling KSA to Scotland

Travelling KSA to Scotland

Old Mar 24th 2021, 3:10 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Travelling KSA to Scotland

Anyone know if this is feasible, without being incarcerated in a Government approved hotel?
Could I land at Heathrow then take the train to Scotland and quarantine at home?
Strange times indeed!
Old Mar 24th 2021, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling KSA to Scotland

Against the rules.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

But as KSA isn’t on the UK’s red list then why would you be required to quarantine in a hotel? But if it was, then potentially the only way to avoid hotel quarantine would be to have a connecting flight to Scotland at LHR (booked under 1 ticket from KSA). When clearing immigration at LHR - there’s usually a separate immigration counter when connecting to domestic flights - they would simply tell you to quarantine at a hotel upon arrival at your Scottish airport but I don’t think they can enforce it. That is unless UKBA at LHR tell their counterparts at your Scottish airport in advance of your arrival, but I don’t think they have the time/resources to do that.

Last edited by psychopomp1; Mar 24th 2021 at 3:57 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Travellling on a public train and then quarantining does not make much sense.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 5:55 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
But as KSA isn’t on the UK’s red list then why would you be required to quarantine in a hotel? But if it was, then potentially the only way to avoid hotel quarantine would be to have a connecting flight to Scotland at LHR (booked under 1 ticket from KSA). When clearing immigration at LHR - there’s usually a separate immigration counter when connecting to domestic flights - they would simply tell you to quarantine at a hotel upon arrival at your Scottish airport but I don’t think they can enforce it. That is unless UKBA at LHR tell their counterparts at your Scottish airport in advance of your arrival, but I don’t think they have the time/resources to do that.
From this BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-56060224

"The UK government's health secretary Matt Hancock has previously said passengers arriving in England from "low risk" countries would be required to quarantine at home - even if their home was in Scotland - rather than face hotel quarantine at their point of entry."
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
From this BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-56060224

"The UK government's health secretary Matt Hancock has previously said passengers arriving in England from "low risk" countries would be required to quarantine at home - even if their home was in Scotland - rather than face hotel quarantine at their point of entry."
In that case you will be taking advantage of the loophole by arriving in England (LHR) first as UKBA staff at LHR will be applying English rules. Hotel quarantine in Scotland only applies to those arriving on direct international flights into Scottish airports (AFAIK).

Last edited by psychopomp1; Mar 24th 2021 at 9:07 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 5:51 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

And that's exactly what I will do. But planning to arrive at LHR shortly after 17th May, in the hope that both KSA and UK COVID-19 requirements will be relaxed by then. I'll have had my second AZ shot by then, so that might be a factor in my favour.