Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travel Time Advice

Travel Time Advice

Old May 12th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Travel Time Advice

Please could somebody tell me how long it'd take to comnmute from marina to Downtown Dubai both in the mornings and evenings? it doesn't tell you on google maps / earth.

Many thanks.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:35 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Time Advice

downtown where. SZR by trade centre, Bur Dubai or Deira?
Old May 12th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiva
downtown where. SZR by trade centre, Bur Dubai or Deira?
The Mall - my knowledge is extremely limited.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
The Mall
Downtown Dubai as in the development around the Burj Dubai, right?

On a week-end you can make it in 15 mins from the Marina. Don't know about weekdays because i'm in abu Dhabi.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Well it's against the traffic, but that doesn't always mean ease of passage!
Old May 12th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Downtown Dubai as in the development around the Burj Dubai, right?

On a week-end you can make it in 15 mins from the Marina. Don't know about weekdays because i'm in abu Dhabi.
Well, all i'm doing is just confirming what i've been told - which is 20 or so mins.

yeah, the development is what I'm talking about. i can't see the employer putting me somewhere that'll take hours to get to work.....or am i just being naive.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:43 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i can't see the employer putting me somewhere that'll take hours to get to work.....or am i just being naive.

hhahhhahhhahahhhahahhahahhahahahahhah thats a great one that!

havent done that commute in a long time but anywhere between 20 mins to an hour every if theres a crash.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Allow yourself 30 minutes as the final stretch around Defence Roundabout can be a horse's ass in either direction.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiva
hhahhhahhhahahhhahahhahahhahahahahhah thats a great one that!

havent done that commute in a long time but anywhere between 20 mins to an hour every if theres a crash.
Thats not so bad then. I'm used to it taking up to an hour to get to work over here. Just don't want to be one of those that has to sit in traffic for 2 hours each way to get to work.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

From the Marina (on SZR) there is a turnoff before Defence roundabout...on the way back is up to the Al Khail road and along then down towards SZR/Marina or back round defence roundabout...which in the evenings can take 20 mins+.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:48 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Thats not so bad then. I'm used to it taking up to an hour to get to work over here. Just don't want to be one of those that has to sit in traffic for 2 hours each way to get to work.

no it shouldnt take that long.....well occasionally it might.....ie rain, fog and crazy ass drivers on Sheikh Zayed Road could delay you by 2 hrs plus but that will only happen once or twice a year. most days it will be 20-30mins
Old May 12th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
From the Marina (on SZR) there is a turnoff before Defence roundabout...on the way back is up to the Al Khail road and along then down towards SZR/Marina or back round defence roundabout...which in the evenings can take 20 mins+.
i have no idea what you are tellin me....but I think you're giving me a shortcut. Sure i'll get to know them once i'm there. Doesn't sound anything like as bad as it could be though.

Thanks.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

i have no idea what you are tellin me....but I think you're giving me a shortcut. Sure i'll get to know them once i'm there. Doesn't sound anything like as bad as it could be though.

Thanks.
Get yourself a satnav - there are other routes, he's right.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry...basically it's quicker from the Marina to Downtown than back home in the evenings....but it could be worse. There is accomodation right near the Mall site though, you could ask them to put you there?!
Old May 12th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Sorry...basically it's quicker from the Marina to Downtown than back home in the evenings....but it could be worse. There is accomodation right near the Mall site though, you could ask them to put you there?!
i think i've seen the road on google earth that you're talking about. It takes you away from the coast (south?) and then across right? kind of brings you into the back end of the development?

Hmm, nah. Marina is too appealing I think. plus it isn't my choice. They've already got several apartments on indefinate lease so it sounds like its already sorted.

At least I won't have that to worry about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.