Reload this Page >

Travel/Holiday advice in Dubai

Travel/Holiday advice in Dubai

Old Oct 27th 2003, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

MikeF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel/Holiday advice in Dubai

Hi Everyone,

I realise this should be in the travel section but I couldn't seem to find the correct section to put it in so I have just stuck it here. I am going on holiday to Dubai in a few weeks and need some advice. I am arrive at 11.30pm on a midweek night and I am staying at the Metroploitan City Hotel on Sheikah Zayed Road for five nights and then out to the Hilton at Jumeira Beach for three nights. What is the best/most cost effective way to get to my hotel on Sheikah Zayed Road when I get there at 11.30pm. How much would the different ways cost ? What would others recommend ? How far are these hotels from one another ? What would be the best way to get from the first hotel to the second ?

What would othere recommend for a holiday in Dubai ? What are the "must" do things while I am there. I appreciate that this is down to individual opinion but I just want to here some different ideas. What are the best pubs to go to (I am 32) beside the hotels I am staying at ?

Thanks and Regards,

Mike
Old Oct 28th 2003, 12:58 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you're staying at the Metropolitan and the Hilton, you shouldn't worry too much about the cost of getting to them! Surely if you are booked in to both these hotels they will pick you up from the airport. Otherwise your only option is a taxi which will cost you about $8-10. The Metro and the Hilton are effectively across the road from each other- though the Hilton is further out of town.
There aren't too many pubs in the Jumeirah area except for pricey hotel pubs. The Metro has a good English pub though. Otherwise it's the Al Bustan Rotana, Henry J. Beans, The Alamo, Long Bar or the Irish Village.
There are loads of things to do, depends what gets you going. Sand dunes, Hatta, Burj Al Arab, shopping, diving............
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

gardkarlsen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel/Holiday advice in Dubai

Hi

My wife and I went on vacation to Dubai in March 2002. I have posted a long trip report with lots of pictures from our trip on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com . I'm sure that you can find some useful information there

Have a great trip

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway