Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transferring money

Transferring money

Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Transferring money

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Most people dont like using it as they dont trust that system.
I use it all the time to be honest.
But my transactions are quite frequent (once a week) and I know all the guys involved and where they live and all so
by the way a bank to bank transfer if it is company to company and not a huge sum then its 3-5 working days always as usually banks on both sides have to go through an intermediary bank

and if it is an individual to individual account then a small transaction really doesnt raise any flags but a large amount like even 5000$ and 'they' tend to slow the whole process down. They might not call you asking why you want to send this money, but they just like to take their sweet time authorizing those transactions. Who are they and where do they sit? I dont know.
Why do they do it and why not all the time? I dont know.
But I do know that I have been called a couple of times by 'them' asking why was I sending the money and do I like to fly planes? Maybe it was my name that raised a flag...'Clint Eastwood'
"You have been randomly selected"
Old Aug 24th 2016, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I have some transfers take a day or two and I have had others take 2 weeks.... lap of the gods!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Time frame depends on several factors including:
  • Day of the week and time actioned
  • Currencies
  • Whether it is within the same banking group
  • If a correspondent bank is involved in the transaction
  • How money is transferred. For example a CHAPS transfer is slower than a TT
  • public holidays (UK bank holiday tomorrow)

As ever, one person's experience is not the benchmark.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:12 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I use a company that the lovely Meow put me onto.. No hassles, better rates than the banks..
Old Aug 29th 2016, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I take cash out of the bank and then go to Al Ansari exchange and send it from there. Better rates than the bank and usually takes 24/48 hours to arrive in my account.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I use a company that the lovely Meow put me onto.. No hassles, better rates than the banks..
So do I