Reload this Page >

Transfer of Car Loan

Transfer of Car Loan

Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:18 am
Just Joined

SteveBradley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer of Car Loan

Hi,

I hope someone can help us with this dilemma!

There is a good chance my partner (we are not married) will be made redundant at the end of this month and will consequently lose her work visa and residency. As a British passport holder she will have no problem remaining in Dubai (with the odd visa run required), our problem is her car.

I can pay the car loan (HSBC), but with no residency she won't be able to re-register the vehicle when it is due in May. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a car loan from one person to another in the UAE?

Is there any other way around it?

Cheers

Steve Bradley
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer of Car Loan

Originally Posted by SteveBradley
Hi,

I hope someone can help us with this dilemma!

There is a good chance my partner (we are not married) will be made redundant at the end of this month and will consequently lose her work visa and residency. As a British passport holder she will have no problem remaining in Dubai (with the odd visa run required), our problem is her car.

I can pay the car loan (HSBC), but with no residency she won't be able to re-register the vehicle when it is due in May. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a car loan from one person to another in the UAE?

Is there any other way around it?

Cheers

Steve Bradley
photocopy her passport before visa is cancelled, and use the photo copy to re register the car
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks BlueCat!

We thought about that but were worried that the registration process actually checks the validity of the residency and would show cancellation!!

Has anybody actually done this before?

Cheers
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:25 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BlueCat!

We thought about that but were worried that the registration process actually checks the validity of the residency and would show cancellation!!

Has anybody actually done this before?

Cheers
Have heard of quite a few people (before the crunch..) who, when they sold their cars, simply transferred the loan and re-registered it in the new persons names. Dont see a problem, especially when you tell them she has lost her job. They'll be relieved as heel that it wont be collecting sand at the airport...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Have heard of quite a few people (before the crunch..) who, when they sold their cars, simply transferred the loan and re-registered it in the new persons names. Dont see a problem, especially when you tell them she has lost her job. They'll be relieved as heel that it wont be collecting sand at the airport...
what is the process for selling your car over here anyway, ive heard so many conflicting story's?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
what is the process for selling your car over here anyway, ive heard so many conflicting story's?
you sell the car for whatever you can and get paid?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by admon
you sell the car for whatever you can and get paid?
yeah but what if you have financed the car? get someone to take over the finance payments and then register the car to them?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but what if you have financed the car? get someone to take over the finance payments and then register the car to them?
yep you can do that.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all this!

I think officially transferring the loan to me and then re-registering in my name sounds the obvious and best option.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

only if they fit the banks lending criteria, as that has been changed a lot in the last few months. hence why some cars are sold then not sold, because people cannot get or take over the loan payments etc depending on who you work for etc.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Er I dont think you need to reregister the car on time.... i know a lot of people who have left their reregistration till 6 months+ past its due date.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:26 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all this!

I think officially transferring the loan to me and then re-registering in my name sounds the obvious and best option.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Now, that is the way a noob should post on his first time in... Polite, direct and to the point, A please and a thank you...

Any time, Steve....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Er I dont think you need to reregister the car on time.... i know a lot of people who have left their reregistration till 6 months+ past its due date.
you get a small fine if you don't
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:41 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Why do so many people on here show complete disrespect to the laws in this country?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why do so many people on here show complete disrespect to the laws in this country?
Perhaps cos they can? On top of the fact that many of them suck.

...and this is a neverending opinion piece on every blog, forum and expat notice board on the internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.