Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Traffic Violations In Doha (any body had any?)

Traffic Violations In Doha (any body had any?)

Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:29 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough
Default Traffic Violations In Doha (any body had any?)

I just checked on line at MOI and saw I have no traffic violations. Four weeks and no speed ticket is kinda good for me after the dozens I had in Kiwi airspace ....

I was told the police here are not really bothered about speeders even though there are speed limits. Plus I was told the radar surveillance warned on certain roads (like Al Corniche) are a load of b0**0cks ... UK guy who told me has been here three years, drives like a looney and had no violations; yet he spent time in Dubai and got heaps. Was told Dubai is its far stricter??

So far I've copied the locals and drove in excess of limits and had no violations. Was warned to avoid hopping red lights as that is where they DO get angry.

Any other views on traffic violations (ie is the advice I've been given b0**0cks also ... and is it just a matter of time before the speed tickets start here too?)

Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:15 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Violations In Doha (any body had any?)

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
I just checked on line at MOI and saw I have no traffic violations. Four weeks and no speed ticket is kinda good for me after the dozens I had in Kiwi airspace ....

I was told the police here are not really bothered about speeders even though there are speed limits. Plus I was told the radar surveillance warned on certain roads (like Al Corniche) are a load of b0**0cks ... UK guy who told me has been here three years, drives like a looney and had no violations; yet he spent time in Dubai and got heaps. Was told Dubai is its far stricter??

So far I've copied the locals and drove in excess of limits and had no violations. Was warned to avoid hopping red lights as that is where they DO get angry.

Any other views on traffic violations (ie is the advice I've been given b0**0cks also ... and is it just a matter of time before the speed tickets start here too?)

I know loads of ppl who have had to pay traffic violations so be careful. I guess its a matter of luck. Theres a site where u can check if u have any. Also if u need yr car to be fixed they will check the violations for u and wont start the work on it unless u have settled....