Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Traffic to Mirdiff

Traffic to Mirdiff

Old May 18th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Traffic to Mirdiff

Whats the traffic like to Mirdiff these days, heading from say New Dubai at around 6 /7 pm? Is is murder?

Is the Emirates road still the main connection? I'm sure there was a road beyond that that also connected to Mirdiff.

Thanks.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic to Mirdiff

Originally Posted by Majj
Whats the traffic like to Mirdiff these days, heading from say New Dubai at around 6 /7 pm? Is is murder?

Is the Emirates road still the main connection? I'm sure there was a road beyond that that also connected to Mirdiff.

Thanks.
Majj I went from Al Barsha to Mirdiff on a Friday afternoon and it took me 20 mins!! I was amazed! I would double that during the week, easily. I took the Emirates Road which was really easy.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Majj I went from Al Barsha to Mirdiff on a Friday afternoon and it took me 20 mins!! I was amazed! I would double that during the week, easily. I took the Emirates Road which was really easy.
Thanks. It doesn't seem like its worsened too much.
Old May 20th 2007, 6:28 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Cool Re: Traffic to Mirdiff

Originally Posted by Majj

Thanks.
Emirates Road is a nightmare at that time of night with lorries and workers busses going to Sharjah. Try the new Business Bay Bridge or Gahroud Bridge to Mirdiff via Festival City. Takes me 30 minutes approx from Crowne Plaza every night to Mirdiff. Biggest hold up is the turning off Al Rabat Street to Mirdiff where the traffic backs up.
Old May 21st 2007, 5:36 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Emirates Road is a nightmare at that time of night with lorries and workers busses going to Sharjah. Try the new Business Bay Bridge or Gahroud Bridge to Mirdiff via Festival City. Takes me 30 minutes approx from Crowne Plaza every night to Mirdiff. Biggest hold up is the turning off Al Rabat Street to Mirdiff where the traffic backs up.
you have 4 routes.. emirates rd, al khail, bus bay or Garhoud bridge. choose the one no one else has. saying that, Mirdif itself is becoming a nightmare at peak times, there are too many buses using it as a shortcut to airport rd, plus the fact it is becoming highly populated
Old May 21st 2007, 5:39 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
you have 4 routes.. emirates rd, al khail, bus bay or Garhoud bridge. choose the one no one else has. saying that, Mirdif itself is becoming a nightmare at peak times, there are too many buses using it as a shortcut to airport rd, plus the fact it is becoming highly populated
let's face it, getting anywhere is a nightmare these days. If I try to get to Mall of the Emirates which I can see from my window before 9 am it will take up to 30 mins. If I leave here at 9.30 I am in the mall and drinking coffee by 9.45. It is often down to timing
Old May 21st 2007, 5:45 pm

let's face it, getting anywhere is a nightmare these days. If I try to get to Mall of the Emirates which I can see from my window before 9 am it will take up to 30 mins. If I leave here at 9.30 I am in the mall and drinking coffee by 9.45. It is often down to timing
business bay crossing cut my journey from home to work from 60 mins to 30, now that was impressive
Old May 21st 2007, 5:49 pm
Concierge

business bay crossing cut my journey from home to work from 60 mins to 30, now that was impressive
for now, give it a year and it will be back to taking an hour to get home, sorry
Old May 21st 2007, 5:51 pm

for now, give it a year and it will be back to taking an hour to get home, sorry
it already does.. the time saving was to work.. not back.. getting home is no easier yet
Old May 21st 2007, 5:55 pm
Concierge

it already does.. the time saving was to work.. not back.. getting home is no easier yet
thank god I don't work! I only go out between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm! saves the stress and hassles. I worry about my husband all the time though, he is on the road constantly as he is in a sales position. I hate him being on the roads here. My Dad lives in Satwa - works Jadaf, used to get up at 7 and be at his desk for 8 - nee bother! now it is get up 7 and get to his desk at 8.30, getting through the Sana light is a no go cos of the container lorries. They need to build a rail system for cargo.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:00 pm

thank god I don't work! I only go out between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm! saves the stress and hassles. I worry about my husband all the time though, he is on the road constantly as he is in a sales position. I hate him being on the roads here. My Dad lives in Satwa - works Jadaf, used to get up at 7 and be at his desk for 8 - nee bother! now it is get up 7 and get to his desk at 8.30, getting through the Sana light is a no go cos of the container lorries. They need to build a rail system for cargo.
i have no husband to worry about but both my teenagers drive, my son passed his test in the uk just before we came here and now my daughter is driving too, sometimes they dont come home at night...
Old May 21st 2007, 6:09 pm
Concierge

i have no husband to worry about but both my teenagers drive, my son passed his test in the uk just before we came here and now my daughter is driving too, sometimes they dont come home at night...
sh1t I would be worried! Husbands can be a worry, might get rid of mine !!
Old May 21st 2007, 6:23 pm

sh1t I would be worried! Husbands can be a worry, might get rid of mine !!
believe me they are more trouble that way
Old May 21st 2007, 6:27 pm
Concierge

believe me they are more trouble that way
mu 'current' husband is living up to standards - at the moment!!!
Old May 21st 2007, 6:41 pm

mu 'current' husband is living up to standards - at the moment!!!
just make sure he knows he is 'current' or he may get ideas above his station

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.