Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Traffic accident... what next?

Traffic accident... what next?

Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light
Default Traffic accident... what next?

I have the accident report stating that the other party is at fault for the damage.

Whats the next step? Do I go garage to garage getting quotes or do I do it via my/his insurers recommendation?

Car is a 2012 VW so no need to go to a VW main dealer I think.

Thanks in advance for your constructive replies.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic accident... what next?

Contact your insurer and see what they say.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

jam is correct: you call your insurance company and they will arrange it including what garage you need to go to. As the car is old, I suspect it's no longer the main dealer but they will tell you.

It's a very painless process.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

which country you're in might affect this.

In Saudi, the insurance co will tell you you need to provide three quotes before they'll entertain a claim.