British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   traffic accident (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/traffic-accident-615989/)

sg800 Jun 21st 2009 7:42 am

traffic accident

hi all,

I have a 'friend' who had a minor run in with a car park wall a few months back and scraped the side of their car which needs a repair.

They didnt report it at the time and kind of forgot about it (no major damage, just a small dent and a drop of paint needed) however they are now keen to get it fixed...

What is the deal with reporting an accident after it happened? I now know you are due to make the report straight away, is it going to be a problem?

THanks

;)

shiva Jun 21st 2009 8:13 am

Re: traffic accident

yes and no to being a problem, tell them to go do it again then call the cops to come see the car and damage telling them they just did it.
IF they dont the cops wont give them the accident report needed by the repair co's and insurance co.

they could try go to a police station and explain but all the cops will say is go back and crash again....i kid you not i have had this advice from them twice and know of others who have been told the same

Autonomy Jun 21st 2009 8:19 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7684878)
yes and no to being a problem, tell them to go do it again then call the cops to come see the car and damage telling them they just did it.
IF they dont the cops wont give them the accident report needed by the repair co's and insurance co.

they could try go to a police station and explain but all the cops will say is go back and crash again....i kid you not i have had this advice from them twice and know of others who have been told the same

The Culture Of No - go back and crash again - brilliant!

deemi786 Jun 21st 2009 8:20 am

Originally Posted by sg800 (Post 7684835)
hi all,

I have a 'friend' who had a minor run in with a car park wall a few months back and scraped the side of their car which needs a repair.

They didnt report it at the time and kind of forgot about it (no major damage, just a small dent and a drop of paint needed) however they are now keen to get it fixed...

What is the deal with reporting an accident after it happened? I now know you are due to make the report straight away, is it going to be a problem?

THanks

;)

like you dont already know what to do ;-)

sg800 Jun 21st 2009 9:11 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7684878)

:blink:

littlejimmy Jun 21st 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7684888)
The Culture Of No - go back and crash again - brilliant!

Yep. I've heard that one as well. And I DID have a crash today.

typical Jun 21st 2009 4:00 pm

I did get the police station in Jebel Ali to give a report, after a minor scrape on the way home from Ibn Battuta...