traffic?

Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default traffic?

Is it my imagination or did some power-that-be find a way to make traffic worse in Greens/Springs/DIC/DMC in the last week?

I can't take it anymore - I think it's time to move.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:44 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: traffic?

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Is it my imagination or did some power-that-be find a way to make traffic worse in Greens/Springs/DIC/DMC in the last week?

I can't take it anymore - I think it's time to move.
I was looking out my window from marina today and saw that. Seems that the closings at IC5 are backing traffic up wayyyy back into the springs/lakes/etc.

Now you can't access IC5 the normal way nor SZR from IC5, as they have closed both the on and off ramps.

This whole interchange 5 redo thing is good in theory, but given the ineptitude of local planners I can see the next 2 years being an absolute nightmare for anybody living in springs/lakes/etc that needs to get on SZR around IC5.

For some reason SZR was backed up both ways too due to the reroutings for the palm ramp construction, was there an accident, new route, why the 2 way delay, normally it is pretty open traveling into dubai.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:57 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

It took me an hour and a half last Wednesday to get from the springs to DMC and back and two hours to do the same last Friday. I was furious

But since then, it's been fine and managed to breeze straight through since Sunday, obviously picking a good time to leave the house! Still I'm sure that won't last very long.

The big question is why these developers when planning the Marina/DMC/DIC/Emirate Hills area didn't consider the road infrastructure at the time of building all these new areas, anybody would have realised that interchange 5 was far too small to manage the huge amounts of traffic expected through there each day... typical!

Well it's a case of having to grin and bare it and hope they finish ahead of schedule (excuse me while I PMSL at that thought!!).

Zannie
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have enough patience to grin and bare this.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:24 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
I don't have enough patience to grin and bare this.
I believe that grinning and baring it would be considered very offensive in this country.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:35 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
It took me an hour and a half last Wednesday to get from the springs to DMC and back and two hours to do the same last Friday. I was furious

But since then, it's been fine and managed to breeze straight through since Sunday, obviously picking a good time to leave the house! Still I'm sure that won't last very long.

The big question is why these developers when planning the Marina/DMC/DIC/Emirate Hills area didn't consider the road infrastructure at the time of building all these new areas, anybody would have realised that interchange 5 was far too small to manage the huge amounts of traffic expected through there each day... typical!

Well it's a case of having to grin and bare it and hope they finish ahead of schedule (excuse me while I PMSL at that thought!!).

Zannie

It took what should of been a 15 minute journey to take my son to playschool, nearly 35 minutes and the same to get back.
Over night the usual route has been coned off so I had to go around the houses... literally!
Whos the numpty who tells these workers to dig up the roads left, right and center,and not complete one section at a time ... Makes me MAD!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Especially during the holy month of Ramadan.
Outdoor beer & pork-roast party anyone?

Originally Posted by TA5
I believe that grinning and baring it would be considered very offensive in this country.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:40 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5