Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Too much technology too few brain cells

Too much technology too few brain cells

Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too much technology too few brain cells

the yanks do it again!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200708...667c1db_2.html
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Too much technology too few brain cells

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
I still don't understand the term friendly fire... surely anyone firing at you is not friendly?

the yanks are getting worried about us pulling out not because they won't have the back up but because there's less people to shoot
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

from someone who has lost collegues to incidents similar to this,

my hatred for the incompetence of American Forces is off the limit.

Too many people with the ability and authority to Fire these weapons, albeit good training but an upbringing of carrying guns, thinking Rambo really was a true story and that if it moves, shoot first ask questions later.

they are really really shocking, well how are you suppose to educate tobacco chewing hics:curse::curse:
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad View Post
from someone who has lost collegues to incidents similar to this,

my hatred for the incompetence of American Forces is off the limit.

Too many people with the ability and authority to Fire these weapons, albeit good training but an upbringing of carrying guns, thinking Rambo really was a true story and that if it moves, shoot first ask questions later.

they are really really shocking, well how are you suppose to educate tobacco chewing hics:curse::curse:
Yeah I have to agree, however I know some very very skilled US Navy Pilots. Who take this situation extremely serious. One guy fired upon an Apache 'cause the radar response in the chopper failed to give of the Friend or Foe signal. He killed the whole crew. He resigned and in now in a mental institution in South Carolina.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oktoberon View Post
Yeah I have to agree, however I know some very very skilled US Navy Pilots. Who take this situation extremely serious. One guy fired upon an Apache 'cause the radar response in the chopper failed to give of the Friend or Foe signal. He killed the whole crew. He resigned and in now in a mental institution in South Carolina.
I agree, there are very many skilled operators, that i have worked with also, however it seems to be the delegation of tasks and authority that allows Private 'wild bill' to be able to program a fire control sequence into a system etc

FYI, in Bahrain, i witnessed my mate (A warrant officer) being pinned down by yank marines and an M16 rammed into the back of his neck, all because he split up a fight of 2 drunk (they had consumed 2 buds, no doubt) american marines.

I was screaming at them to put the effin weapons down etc.

In the RN i was a weapons engineer, so am all to aware of IFF and responses to non conformaties etc. There is NO excuses whatsoever.

Remember it was the yanks in 2003 that shot down 2 tornado's as they mistook them for the Iraqi air force. (which was non existance) They did not have any air capability!!

absolute disgrace!!!