Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tonight in Riyadh...24th November

Tonight in Riyadh...24th November

Old Nov 24th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Dominic82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tonight in Riyadh...24th November

There must be one embassy with a party on?!!!???
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

The Australian Embassy has a party on but it's ticket only and fully booked. Any embassy events usually go pretty quickly and some of them you need a 'sponsor' of that embassy's nationality.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Dominic82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a number that i could call to see whether i could squeeze in?

Many Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Since the embassies do serve real falling down water, the tickets normally go on sale a few days before the evening.
It is normally they the various embassies restricted to Members only ie Aussie Nationals and invited guests / friends, the easiest one to get into the good ole USA Embassy, they will let just about any one in including locals.
Just remember when you attend these social evenings while you are inside you are ok, but as soon as you stagger out of the embassy you are fair game for the yokel pc plod and they will lift you if you seem to have had too much. just a quick word of advice there for the newbies here.
When i was in Riyadh i used to go to at least 3 every month, the best by far was the Irish embassy,
The hardest to get into was the good ole British embassy.
Now i am in khobar no problems. !!!
Old Nov 25th 2011, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Tonight in Riyadh...24th November

Join the rgbb, google it. But think you're too late for most of the Christmas do s now! As said before tickets go quick.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

tonguetwister is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple tickets going spare for a British Embassy Wadi night on 11 Oct 2012. PM me for details if you're interested.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:52 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

not been in Riyahd that long but i don't mind it . It's quiet but that's okay . Spend a lot of time relaxing at home . Go to the gym or for a swim , go out for a meal every once in a while . If you don't mind not drinking then it's not so bad.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
not been in Riyahd that long but i don't mind it . It's quiet but that's okay . Spend a lot of time relaxing at home . Go to the gym or for a swim , go out for a meal every once in a while . If you don't mind not drinking then it's not so bad.
Riyahd is fu**ing horrible . Just bank the money and eject when you have enough .
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:02 am
Just Joined

tonguetwister is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had more alcohol in Riyadh than I've had in ages. I drink more here than I do back home!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

It's not as bad as people make out. I'm actually missing the place a bit.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Bitzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear, I'm arriving in Riyadh at month's end for a stint; was sort of hoping to take a break from the temptation of the sauce.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 11:36 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Riyahd is fu**ing horrible . Just bank the money and eject when you have enough .
Well it's obviously not to everyone's taste but like I said I don't mind it so far. Gt quite a good life here in a lot of ways.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares
It's not as bad as people make out. I'm actually missing the place a bit.
Can't say it was love at first sight but its growing on me as a place.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:52 am
Just Joined

mharoonafzal is an unknown quantity at this point

Any upcoming events/parties in Riyadh specially for the new year?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dominic82
Dont be sad for me....im getting out and about but mainly with Jordanians. Wanted to have a sociable night with some expats and a good laugh. Thanks anyway!!
Wherever you are in the world (Riyadh incuded) one way to get yourself into the expat social scene is to find the Hash House Harriers. Generally known as a drinking club with a running problem. Unfortunatly in KSA they also have adrinking problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.