Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Time Place- Dubai Marina?

Time Place- Dubai Marina?

Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:14 am
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Time Place- Dubai Marina?

Hey guys,

Me and hubs have got a fantastic offer on a 1 bed in Time Place with full marina views (800 sqft).

We love the apartment and the fact that its on marina walk but do you guys have any experiences of this block and its rep?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:55 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time Place- Dubai Marina?

Originally Posted by Groovychick
Hey guys,

Me and hubs have got a fantastic offer on a 1 bed in Time Place with full marina views (800 sqft).

We love the apartment and the fact that its on marina walk but do you guys have any experiences of this block and its rep?

Many thanks!
Hope its less than 50K coz rentals are falling faster than a hooker's knickers.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:56 am
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

Its 55k

Anyone know about time place
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:40 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Many thanks!
Info here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=430917
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:22 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I've walked past it... it's about halfway between the Marina Walk and the Yacht Club, isn't it? So about 15 mins' walk to either, including the associated metro stops.

Got construction on both sides, if I'm not mistaken, but is on the waterfront, so a nice view if you're facing the marina.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:20 pm
Banned

Thats the one kitty.

Its a 3-4 min walk at most to the metro station which is good for hubs as he just wants to train it to work (its around the corner).

We saw a few flats here and some had construction work as the view. Luckily the one weve spotted out has no construction work in its view or noise.

Having said that it seems tridents and al-majara are the places to be!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:32 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the one kitty.

Its a 3-4 min walk at most to the metro station which is good for hubs as he just wants to train it to work (its around the corner).

We saw a few flats here and some had construction work as the view. Luckily the one weve spotted out has no construction work in its view or noise.

Having said that it seems tridents and al-majara are the places to be!
The Trident ones look nice, but I've never been in any of them. I know a few people who either are or have been in Al Majara and it's nice too, although the flats are on the small side for Dubai (so perfectly normal for the rest of the world!).

I'm a bit further towards the Jebel Ali end... although not much further!

Tbh, if you like it, then take it. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but as long as it's yours, then what does it matter?

Many go and have another look at the apartment and really spend your time. Go out onto the balcony and listen... shut yourself in the bedroom and listen quietly with the air-con on (in some flats it's like a jet engine!)... pop into the kitchen and have a pretend cook, just to see how the space can be used...
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:43 am
Just Joined

cromptonenator is an unknown quantity at this point

It's ok, but as another user suggested, the Tridents (Bayside, Grand Residence Marinascape towers) are very nice in terms of luxury, finishing, and views.