Reload this Page >

Time to Look for a job in Dubai Peeps

Time to Look for a job in Dubai Peeps

Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Time to Look for a job in Dubai Peeps

Hey all,

Well it looks like im not going to be going to college next year(18 Year old) and i dont have many qualifications but im looking for something to make some money from. I was hoping i can find some jobs i can get for a youngster, i was looking into the football coaching thing but it looks like that wont be happening as i havent got any replies.

Has anyone got any more suggestions they can pass on.

Also hi to face
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:07 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Time to Look for a job in Dubai Peeps

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Hey all,

Well it looks like im not going to be going to college next year(18 Year old) and i dont have many qualifications but im looking for something to make some money from. I was hoping i can find some jobs i can get for a youngster, i was looking into the football coaching thing but it looks like that wont be happening as i havent got any replies.

Also hi to face
hello mate. Nice to c u on here again.

Have u considered gettinga job as a dive instucture or some other sort of water sport coaching? If u get or even have the right sort of qualification, I am sure u could get a job at numerous locations through out Dubai.

I am sure a job like that would grab your attention as you would get to spend loads of time out in the sun, which I am sure u would enjoy.

Oh and I will hopefully be back in London on Oct 1st, or a little earlier.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

It would help if i could swim but just a shame i cant. Havent swam for years.

Any other suggestions and also how is Dubai, must be hot over there.

Sorry havent been on for a while, just been doing my exams and i cant stand another year of college, im sick of it.

I also made an enquiry to see if i can get something sorted for America but Dubai would be my first option if something good came across.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:41 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

It would help if i could swim but just a shame i cant. Havent swam for years.

Any other suggestions and also how is Dubai, must be hot over there.

Sorry havent been on for a while, just been doing my exams and i cant stand another year of college, im sick of it.

I also made an enquiry to see if i can get something sorted for America but Dubai would be my first option if something good came across.
lol.... so much for water sports!

it is hot, yeah...... but the humididty is staying away, so its not too bad amd besides, the 18C (66F) indoor environments that i am spending my time in help me avoid the 40C (104F) heat outside!

you just done your A-levels? trust me, it gets easier! College isnt that bad. lol

what sort of opportunities are u looking for?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Anything really, something which i can get some fairly decent cash which can keep me going for a while.

Maybe working in an airport as a suggestion, or something near a beach. Anything really which i can get working and also keep me tied over for the apartment i may rent out.

How is the nightlife over there and is it really good as people have been saying or better
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:06 pm
The Oracle

Anything really, something which i can get some fairly decent cash which can keep me going for a while.

Maybe working in an airport as a suggestion, or something near a beach. Anything really which i can get working and also keep me tied over for the apartment i may rent out.

How is the nightlife over there and is it really good as people have been saying or better
hmmm........ being near a beach when u cant swim might not b such a good idea, job wise.

The airport or a job at a hotel might be an idea.... have u thought about that?

as for the night life, it really is that good and better. Its a work hard, play hard society here.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Yeh i can imagine, why do you think im looking to find something in NY or Cali too

Any way i can search for these, i wish i was in Dubai to search for them as its pretty hard looking around the net for them

Good idea about the hotels, would love to do that.

Also Face you promised me there would be loads of hot women over there, i hope your right
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:47 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Hey all,

Also hi to face
Hey Talksoccer. I have to be frank with you on something. You could probably get a job, but you aren't gonna like the salaries. It's difficult to get a decent salary here. Full time for someone without a degree is for example 3000Dhs. Which in British pounds is about £450 or $850 per month

You could try promotions. That usually pays well if you go with a good agency
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

You got any places where i can get in contact with?

How much you reckon that £450 will last me or roughly that amount. I reckon if i can find some items i could sell them on ebay or something the same way i been doing in the UK and have made 1000+ in the last month and just doing it part time at the moment.

Or my last options is i could sell drugs
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:13 pm
The Oracle

Yeh i can imagine, why do you think im looking to find something in NY or Cali too

Any way i can search for these, i wish i was in Dubai to search for them as its pretty hard looking around the net for them

Good idea about the hotels, would love to do that.

Also Face you promised me there would be loads of hot women over there, i hope your right
NY and Cali, eh? Well those are suitable comparisons to Dubai, i think.

Well there are loads of hot women, obviously, u just have to be aware of the women that are out to make a quick buck, if u know what I mean and trust me, there are waaaaaaaay too many of those out here! :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:18 pm
The Oracle

You got any places where i can get in contact with?

How much you reckon that £450 will last me or roughly that amount. I reckon if i can find some items i could sell them on ebay or something the same way i been doing in the UK and have made 1000+ in the last month and just doing it part time at the moment.

Or my last options is i could sell drugs
£450 a month can be wiped out in a nite or two if u r not careful! Expenses would have to be kept to a bare minimum and you would just about have enough to feed yourself.... literally a life of hand to mouth.

You could seriously think about the hotel thing though, u may even get free accom with that sort of job which would be good as decent accom in this city is scarily expensive.

try www.dubaicityguide.com for a comprehensive list of hotels in Dubai. Try getting in touch with them and c what they have to say.

Last edited by Face81; Jun 16th 2005 at 8:28 pm.