Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Things you miss from UK

Things you miss from UK

Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:57 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you miss from UK

Originally Posted by W10
Tube every 4 minutes on average where I live(d), 12 minutes to the west end, one side of London to another in 40 mins...

Coverage of almost every single corner of north, west and east London.

I'd say it was amazing.
I particularly miss the Piccadilly Line in the height of the summer, esp when the train decides to have a rest in the tunnel so you sit there careful not to eyeball anyone just in case they ask 'what the **** are you looking at'
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:57 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Tube every 4 minutes on average where I live(d), 12 minutes to the west end, one side of London to another in 40 mins...

I'd say it was amazing.
You sound like a train spotter?????!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
I particularly miss the Piccadilly Line in the height of the summer, esp when the train decides to have a rest in the tunnel so you sit there careful not to eyeball anyone just in case they ask 'what the **** are you looking at'
oohhh me too, ME...even better when it is so packed you can hardly breathe and you've been standing for the last 30 minutes and are late for work.

Ahhh...the memories...

MM, xx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:04 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oohhh me too, ME...even better when it is so packed you can hardly breathe and you've been standing for the last 30 minutes and are late for work.

Ahhh...the memories...

MM, xx
and not to forget the lovely smell of someone's armpit thrusted into your face
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:05 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i miss your mummy too
But my aim is getting better.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:08 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
But my aim is getting better.
looking at your blog, I wonder if your mummy will recognise you when you go home next???
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:19 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice
Smile Re: Things you miss from UK

great topic

the thing i missed the most was my freelance/ wedding photography. though, now that im flying back home tomorrow! ;D i will get back into it.

also miss all my photography gear for that matter! i cant believe i sold it all 8 months ago when i set out for dubai :/ its going to take me ages to save up for it all again.

this is me signing off.. thanks for all the help, info and entertainment folks... B.E stopped me from falling asleep at my desk on many occasions

xx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:20 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by fazzo
great topic

the thing i missed the most was my freelance/ wedding photography. though, now that im flying back home tomorrow! ;D i will get back into it.

also miss all my photography gear for that matter! i cant believe i sold it all 8 months ago when i set out for dubai :/ its going to take me ages to save up for it all again.

this is me signing off.. thanks for all the help, info and entertainment folks... B.E stopped me from falling asleep at my desk on many occasions

xx
you can still get us when you are in the UK!

Safe journey back home
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:38 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Chatting with friends the other night the conversation turned to things (not people) we missed from the UK. I could only come up with a couple of things; proper bitter & lazy Sundays with The Sunday Times.

You?

Everything .... And lovng it!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:21 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

I'd say it was amazing.
yes, but absolutely rammed during peak times, which makes travelling then a complete 'mare
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Poisonous Tree Frog will become famous soon enoughPoisonous Tree Frog will become famous soon enough

Roast spuds and yorkshire puds on the bar for a quick bite with your sunday pint, so I'd better include Pedigree as well then.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:25 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Meow
yes, but absolutely rammed during peak times, which makes travelling then a complete 'mare
I still don't see why it is a nightmare.

If my choice was '20 mins on the tube when it is rammed' and '2 hours in traffic to travel 8km' I know which one I would choose.