Things to do in Dubai in 10 days

Things to do in Dubai in 10 days

Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:20 pm
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things to do in Dubai in 10 days

Okay,

I'm coming out to Dubai next week to visit my gf who's working out there. I'll be there for 10 days, so I need some advice as to what the best things to do, places to go etc. in 10 days. I'll be there for 2 weekends and will have a car for 7 days, and I'm not adverse to driving out to far off places.

Any suggestions as to how to make the most of my time there would be gratefully received.

Thanks

thb
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do in Dubai in 10 days

There's a few sites in the wiki city guide, well it's a start
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a few sites in the wiki city guide, well it's a start
big bus tour, leaves wafi city every half hour, I have been here ten years and I have done it about 5 times! it is a great day out and good value for money.

Boat ride up the creek. Get an abra up and down the Creek!

Driving - be careful, it is a bit mental out here and no comparisons can be made to the UK at all.

Out of town - The Hatta Fort Hotel is nice for lunch.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

- desert safari
- Wild Wadi waterpark
- Shopping...loads of Malls, Mall of the Emirates is the one to go if you only want to pick one
- day at the beach, Jumeira Beach park is nice and cheap (Monday ladies only), or if you want a bit more upscale go to one of the hotels along the beach (and take your money with you)
- Madinat Souk....fake but pretty, nice at night with a lot of restaurants
- Al Qasr Hotel...just go in and have a wander round, it's lovely and you can have a nice coffee on the outside terras with a good view for taking some Dubai pics
- Drive up to Nad Al Sheba early morning or in the afternoon...always nice to see those groups of camels walk by with their colored blankets on
- Just walking around the the Creek, Bastakya area, texile souk while the weather is still nice
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

cool info guys...if any of you could add that to the wiki city guide, that would be cool...if not, and I remember, I'll try and get around to it after crunch time tomrrow.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:58 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
cool info guys...if any of you could add that to the wiki city guide, that would be cool...if not, and I remember, I'll try and get around to it after crunch time tomrrow.
I am afraid to go into that Wiki thing....
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:43 am
W10

Fujairah to spend a relaxing day on the beach and diving/snorkelling
Al Ain and Jebel Hafeet just because it is nice
Walk from JBH along to Al Qasr at night, just because its peaceful
Uptown Bar in JBH and Rooftop Bar in Royal Mirage
Quad biking at big red on the hatta highway
Muscat, Oman

Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:14 am
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

What's JBH?

Great tips guys thanks.

I have been to Dubai before but for only 72hours, so have some experience of driving out there.

What are people's thoughts on the outdoor restaurant that's next to Bab Al-Shams (I know the hotel isn't what you'd call recommended) - is it worth the drive out there in the evening, or are there better options?

Finally, are Arabian Adventures' tours worth doing? Or is there a better option to choose from?

Thanks again
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:57 am
W10

I'd recommend Beit al bahar as a place to eat. It's very very quiet and its on the beach.

Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
This is getting worse than karma whoring!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:42 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
This is getting worse than karma whoring!!!
Good Point Conf!..

And on that note, Bob, dish out loads of karma to us and we'll put loads of stuff in the Wiki..

Deal or no deal????
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Good Point Conf!..

And on that note, Bob, dish out loads of karma to us and we'll put loads of stuff in the Wiki..

Deal or no deal????
Shameless whore!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:53 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Shameless whore!!!
umm....yeah.....pretty much!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thb
What's JBH?

Great tips guys thanks.

Finally, are Arabian Adventures' tours worth doing? Or is there a better option to choose from?
Jumeriah Beach hotel, and yes, go with Arabian Adventures, they know what they're doing AND they're insured, a lot aren't.

What else? Fueriah certainly, so much cleaner, goto the Sharjah Wildlife park - a great afternoon out. Camp out near Fossil Rock (find sea fossils too) perfect serenity. Go to the mussandam, stay at the golden tulip and take a boat ride around the fjords too.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Jumeriah Beach hotel, and yes, go with Arabian Adventures, they know what they're doing AND they're insured, a lot aren't.

What else? Fueriah certainly, so much cleaner, goto the Sharjah Wildlife park - a great afternoon out. Camp out near Fossil Rock (find sea fossils too) perfect serenity. Go to the mussandam, stay at the golden tulip and take a boat ride around the fjords too.
AA are ok, of note though, be careful who you choose for a desert shmaltzy tour. Of over 300 operators only 12 are licenced and insured. If you have an accident with a non insured tour your screwed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.